What's new

XBox Pre Orders are up (1 Viewer)

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Over at ebworld.com they have started taking preorders for the XBox bundles, they say they are in limited supply and they start at $529.99 ($499.99 without the DVD remote) and go up to 724.99. Ouch.
Link Removed
Corey
[Edited last by Corey Hancock on September 01, 2001 at 04:45 AM]

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I might have considered one of these packages if there was any discount avalible but at these prices im gonna take a wait and see approach. If I preorder the console, a couple of games, the DVD add on plus an extra controler at full price they could at least throw in a memory card or something. On a side note, will the card be necessary for game saves or can we just rely on the hard drive?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I had it clicked and my CC# all put in, but then I was like what the hell am I doing? I am going to wait until Feb and get one then, plus i can make the Misses pay for it because my birthday is in Feb :)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I had it clicked and my CC# all put in, but then I was like what the hell am I doing? I am going to wait until Feb and get one then, plus i can make the Misses pay for it because my birthday is in Feb
:) The sign of a die-hard gamer.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I had it clicked and my CC# all put in, but then I was like what the hell am I doing? I am going to wait until Feb and get one then, plus i can make the Misses pay for it because my birthday is in Feb
Damn.....I need a misses.
biggrin.gif

Dan (UK)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
It irks the hell out of me that all 3 of the games are pre-selected. Yes I want Madden & Oddworld, but Halo just does not appeal to me, Maybe I can switch it in at my local Brick and Mortar EB.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Well I just got back from Future Shop ( Canada's Best Buy ) I only had to preorder the Xbox itself, total came to $459 plus tax Canadian. Now to the long wait until Nov :)
Dean

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I ran around town to check out pre-order deals, and was surprised to find that most stores had no mention of XBOX. The only places doing preorders were Kay-Bee and Software Etc. Best Buy, Target, and Toys'R'Us had absolutely no mention of the system, and Media Play had one small sign & would preorder games (not systems) if you asked. While I generally avoid bundles, if there was an attractive package, I wouldn't mind going that route.
Kind of a bummer that I couldn't preorder, but it's good to see that come release day, I'll be able to go into most stores and buy without a bundle.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Rob_McK

Auditioning
Just wanted to second the CompUSA suggestion, you can almost get whatever games you want as long as 2 of them are Microsoft games. The shipping charges are kinda steep though. I preordered mine at the EB in the mall instead of online, much better selection of games there than online.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well anyhow I pre-ordered the ALPHA bundle. And after I looked around a few sites like gamespot, I have actually come to like the looks of HALO :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else loathe the idea of pre-ordering (and with the XBox bundle effectively buying) games without even having the benefit of a review to judge them?
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Usually, people will buy a game even if it got a bad review from a lot of people. There are some guaranteed good games for every console, so those will be worth picking up at launch. Since you sometimes get to pick what games the bundle comes with, you could just choose the "good" ones. Or you could just wait.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Brian, you hit the nail right on the head. That's my biggest issue with bundles. There are a few games that I'm confident will be great (Project Gotham & DoA3), but there are others that I will not purchase without a review first (Halo). Heh, I can't wait for reviews of Dark Summit (the snowboarding adventure game). This one is either going to be totally cool or one of the worst games ever. :)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Brian, do you have a B&M EB near you? The in store bundle is much different than the online ones. They have the system, one game from group A (Munch, Halo, DOA3 and Madden I think), one game from group B (all launch games including those from group A) and one accessory. No particular games forced one you.
This online deal is silly.
Dean, have you ever pre-ordered with Future Shop before? They seem like a store that would just take as many orders as possible and fill them as they can.
------------------

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I have a B&M EB nearby but the place is inside of the Warwick Mall (RI) which closes up at around 9pm -10pm and EB is not allowed to be open at midnight when these things can go on sale. Also my local EB has a track record of not having enough units to meet pre-orders. It happened with Dreamcast, It happened with PSX2.
Last year I pre-ordered my Playstation 2 from EB online and the morning the system went on sale and people who had even paid in advance at B&M stores where left without a system, A Fed-Ex truck pulled into my driveway with a PSX2.
2 of the games in the bundle are games I would of gottem anyhow. ODDWORLD is perhaps the game that makes me most want to have an X-Box, and I definitley want Madden 2002. I would of liked to have HALO replaced with another game like DOA 3 or Gothem Racing. But like I said, HALO is starting to look really good to me as I check out the movies and articals on IGN and GAMESPOT.
I opted for the $499 deal, I really do not need the DVD playback kit.
Oh well it's going to be a very expensive November
biggrin.gif

[Edited last by Brian Lawrence on September 02, 2001 at 09:05 AM]

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Damnit! I just couldn't resist! $521.98 on the ol' CC! I decided to get the BRAVO bundle as the girlfriend loves the Dead or Alive series, she was pissed when she found out I traded DoA2 DC for a copy of GigaWing 2 DC. So DoA3 will be great to show off the power of the Xbox and for me to get her to play videogames with me. I want to play Oddworld....all the other Oddworld games are A+ titles if you ask me. HALO has me worried, not too sure if Bungie can pull it off, plus I have never played a Bungie made game that I enjoyed. I will admit HALO looks pretty f-ing sweet.
Now all I have to do is find out how to get the misses to buy me a GameCube for Xmas..........hmmmmmmm

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else loathe the idea of pre-ordering (and with the XBox bundle effectively buying) games without even having the benefit of a review to judge them?
Absolutely! I am very tight with the games that I buy, and like to read a few reviews or try the game out.
I won't be getting an XBox at launch unless it is only with a game that I believe to be excellent (and no other extra stuff to buy). So, no pre-order for me! And if the launch titles don't slay me, I may wait until Jet Grind Radio (which will rule unless they somehow lessen the gameplay from the DC version) in February!
I never buy a system until there is a 'Killer App'. For me, the killer app for N64 was Mario, and for PSX it was Ridge Racer...both launch titles! For Dreamcast it was Soul Calibur, and I didn't buy a Saturn until Night Warriors came out.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I also loathe the idea of bundles,especially if you have to buy something that you don't want or need. And after the PS2 fiasco last year - I wouldn't be comfy putting a preorder on a system unless I was 100% positive I would have mine at launch.
Brian, I know of the EB that you speak of well. I did get my DC there @ launch with no problems. And as for the PS2/X-Box/GC, well, I don't have that problem anymore...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

Dan B

Screenwriter
I won't usually buy a game without reading some reviews or at least in-depth previews of it, either. Between the Xbox and Gamecube so far, the only game I know I want is Rogue Leader. I have patience, especially since I don't want to go totally broke in November anyways.
-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks