What's new

The Xbox Series X, Holiday 2020 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
tumblr_mvqyh4rWVt1qd9rjto1_500.gif

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This is probably just an extension of their plan to make every MS product run the same basic code so developers can easily port content. THIS is how they're going to make Windows gaming a thing again. Or at least try to.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah, that's what they said about Windows 8.

Listen, the promise of build once everywhere has had geeks creaming their pants since before Java. It creates a shitty version that doesn't take advantage of anything that makes modern hardware better. I remain very skeptical that MS will fare any better.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I imagine that MS isn't trying to get devs to make software that is literally built for the lowest common denominator (e.g. the cheapest windows phone) but rather to make it easy to port software between platforms. It's like building an app for iOS that works on iPhones and iPads, but then adding Apple TV and Macs to the mix.

I doubt we'll see something like Titanfall 2 end up on Windows phones. Rather, we'll see Windows Phone apps ending up on Xbox One.

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
I just recently got an XB1 again last week after selling my day 1 console 3 days after launch. Sunset Overdrive was the deciding factor & now also own Ryse, Dying Light & Dead Rising 3 which I got again. The only thing that brings the console down so far are the long install times.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If anyone wants some traditional arcade action on their XB1, Geometry Wars 3 has finally been fixed (Its online components basically were non-functional since launch, thanks to the failings of Demonware, until everything was switched over recently to Steamworks).

And not only that, but it has received a lot of extra content for free at the same time. This expansion includes new difficulty modes, 40 new levels, a new classic mode, and other new features.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Been watching a lot of World of Warships beta videos. Hope that joins World of Tanks in coming to the Xbox One.

Just might be the game that really makes me want one of these (So far, I'm still pretty happy with my 360 & PS3). :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Microsoft attempting to put Scuf out of business. Glad I waited before buying my Scuf pad. If MS pulls this off and the quality is high, I'll be going with their model instead. The rear mappable paddles look better positioned for my hands than the Scuf paddles are. With Scuf I would be only able to use the 2 outer rear paddles, my hands aren't big enough to comfortably use the inner paddles of a 4 paddle config Scuf. But with MS's positioning of the paddles, I should be easily able to use all four rear paddles. Along with the trigger stops and swappable thumbsticks, this should be a gamechanger for FPS players.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The 360 BC stuff is pretty awesome and definitely gives MS what they were lacking. I really hope Sony can follow suit.

The games they announced and showed all look good, but I've seen so many people get burned from fake "target" CGI videos or demos of sections that don't exist to get excited. Sure, Halo 5 looks like Halo with really good graphics. Shocker to no one.

The controller is cool, but I think it's appeal is only to competitive gamers. However, there's a reason why Call of Duty and Xbox always do promotions together. I'd be content with a regular controller with a headphone jack and none of the customizable stuff, but there's definitely a market for that.

I'm really interested in HoloLens, but not at all interested in Minecraft. The fact that it's a real device that works is cool, but I'd like to see a demo that wasn't also shown when the thing was announced.

Everything was just par for the course and good for them. I don't own an XO but I am definitely interested in like 5 or 6 of those Rare games. Only disappointment is that they have so many NES games that nobody played but not both Killer Instinct 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks