What's new

XBox One Launch Day Options (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Best Buy
Best Buy will have the Xbox One available for purchase with midnight store openings on 11/22 (12:01 AM on 11/22 -- so you want to be inline on 11/21, otherwise you will be looking at the XBox 360 on the shelves). BBY has its website still accepting Xbox One pre-orders for both the Day One Edition of the console and the Xbox One with Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle. The standalone Xbox One Day One Edition costs $499.99, giving you the console, Kinect and a controller. The Call of Duty-included bundle is also branded a Day One Edition console and comes with CoD Ghosts, an extra "commemorative" controller, and a 12-month subscription to Xbox Live. It will cost you though @ $679.96!

Walmart
Walmart is also accepting pre-orders at a slightly lower price than its competitors. The console itself is $499.96, but this is only available as an in-store pre-order. Paying 10 percent in person is required. Walmart's flexible "Solution Bundle" comes in @ $617.96 and comes with a game (from a choice of 21 titles) and an extra controller.

Amazon
The online store is still selling the "Standard" non-commemorative version of the console for the same price, but won't be available until Dec. 31, 2013. I guess that will depend on how much units Microsoft can crank out from their plant in China.

GameStop
GameStop is directing customers who are holding out for additional pre-orders for launch day to sign up for email alerts under the banner of its "Xbox One First to Know List." This doesn't mean that you will get a unit, so probably best to consider the other options listed here.

Target
Target is still selling Xbox One bundles that include a game and an extra controller for $619.97. The launch game choices are Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Watch Dogs.

Kmart
Kmart claims to have Xbox One "in stock," and the system is $499.99 at Kmart, and it's the only option available.

Sears
Sears matches the Kmart price of $499.99 with free shipping for the console.

Microsoft Store
Microsoft Store's website has the XBox one available for $499.99. No deals and no special pre-order bundles.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Cant wait for them game reviews to start rolling in! Anyone wanna venture a guess as to availability for Christmas? Obviously both consoles will be scarce immediately after launch (good luck even pre-ordering a PS4 right now) but will they remain hard to find approaching December 25th?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

I want this tool to be right in the middle of recording when the Microsoft police break down his door, reclaim all the equipment, and we can taste the tears streaming down his face. People who break NDAs are the biggest morons in the world.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm going to wait. I pre-ordered the PS4. I'll wait on the XBOX One, to see if anything compels me to do it. I don't see that happening for a while.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The rumor right now is that the video is a "viral" leak from Microsoft to drum up interest in their console. Is Ryse even done being developed yet? There's absolutely zero gameplay in the video and nothing that we haven't already seen.

So yeah, it's most likely fake. If it WAS real, MS would have done something about it by now. Anyone remember how they reacted to people playing Halo games online before release?

ElectronicTonic

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
Morgan Jolley said:
The rumor right now is that the video is a "viral" leak from Microsoft to drum up interest in their console. Is Ryse even done being developed yet? There's absolutely zero gameplay in the video and nothing that we haven't already seen.So yeah, it's most likely fake. If it WAS real, MS would have done something about it by now. Anyone remember how they reacted to people playing Halo games online before release?
That's super lame, if that's the case. I haven't seen any gameplay for Ryse either, so that does make since.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Good point, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this were a phony leak. Then again, those sometimes backfire when people realize how dumb the concept is. :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If that video was a M$ ploy, it makes me even less inclined to buy their box than I already am.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm betting phony leak. Someone who is willing to break an NDA and post wouldn't be stupid enough to actually turn the camera on himself, thus giving the world a look at the guy who can't abide by NDAs...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Never underestimate the ability of a random person's need for online attention to overcome his need to not be a royal dumbass.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
KI looks great, starts at free, $20 gets you all characters, $40 gets you all characters and costumes, $60 gets you the pin collecting special edition.http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/killer-instinct?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Interesting business model. I very much dislike what EA (and others) have done with certain titles, like sports, where you pay $59.99 for the game and then extras on top of that. KI starts at free, and $40 gets you essentially the whole game minus the pins and artwork.

Have to admit I haven't played KI since its heydey in the arcade. It was also second fiddle to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat (so is that actually third fiddle?) but I wasn't as much of a hater as others. I enjoyed it for what it was. If they've managed to capture that original fun in the updated version, $40 isn't too much to ask for this title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks