HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Several exclusives, including:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse

Interesting for XBOX360 fans: Copying Sony, XBOX Live Gold members will now receive two full games free every month as part of their subscription... finally, this makes Live actually worthwhile. First games will be Halo3 and Assassins Creed II.

Redesigned XBOX360, with a commitment that "hundreds of games" still in the pipeline for the XBOX360, and it will have long time support.. this is a stark contrast to how fast the original XBOX disappeared after the XBOX360 release

XBOX One Minecraft Edition..

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
No more Microsoft points; everything based on local currency to be bought directly for $ as presented.. so no more "I've got 80 points left" stuff

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Price is stupid, exclusives aren't anything special except maybe Killer Instinct, and nothing else talked about before today caught my interest.

Up next...Sony!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
"For people who are in a completely disconnected state, I think (Xbox) 360 is definitely a great content base for them and a great console, and we'll continue to invest in that," Phil Spencer vice president Microsoft Studios.

What does this mean? That the 360 will go dark(Xbox Live) or just a dig at those who bashed the "always on" connectivity of the XBOX ONE?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Bryan^H said:
"For people who are in a completely disconnected state, I think (Xbox) 360 is definitely a great content base for them and a great console, and we'll continue to invest in that," Phil Spencer vice president Microsoft Studios.

What does this mean? That the 360 will go dark(Xbox Live) or just a dig at those who bashed the "always on" connectivity of the XBOX ONE?
No. They've already said that 360 users will have an upgrade Live Gold experience with 2 free games a month, and a new Live platform that launches this year; they even launched a new, die-shrink redesigned XBOX360, so it's in their SKU for at least a while coming..

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Basically, the 360 is old hardware and not worth what people are paying for it and will continue to pay for it, so MS is trying to add value to it and keep people buying it and Live so they can make more money.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing here is making me want to go out and buy one of these things. I hope Sony doesn't make the same mistakes with the PS4 that MicroSclerotic is making with the XBOX1.

Edit to add: DeadBoX design looks like a bloody first generation HD-DVD player.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
$499 makes me wait and see. It's not a surprising price, and it's not stupidly high at $599 or above. But it's not so cheap as to be a no brainer, at $299. I have to wait and see how the PS4 is priced, compare the controllers, etc.

EDIT: I see the PS4 is $100 cheaper at $399. It's a world gone made. I may have to rethink my distaste of the PS controller.

I remain unconcerned about the 'always connected'. My house is. The Tivos have to phone home regularly. My iPads must talk to Facebook daily. Regular finances need online bank access. Maybe there's a detail I'm missing, but I've got a persistent internet connection and an Xbox that connects routinely will be of no notice.

Likewise privacy paranoia about the Kinect camera. The ISP already has direct access to every email, every google search, all bank transactions; that's far scarier than a camera that can watch me watching Revolution.

The thing that annoys me is a a monthly surcharge for online gaming access. I don't pay for Xbox Live. I don't plan to pay for whatever it is for the One. I have a Tivo. I have an iPhone. But I held out. I'll continue to resist double paying for products as much as I can.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
DaveF - I've seen a few hands-on reports about the PS4 controller and they say its really comfortable compared to previous DualShocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks