What's new

3D Xbox One Adds 3D Blu-ray Support (1 Viewer)

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
That is great news indeed. The future of 3D could really use that boost. I wonder if the PS4 will follow suit.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
I HOPE the PS4 follows suit, as so far, this's the one thing that's made me sit up and take notice of X-Box.
(At least, not since the Wartime days when X-Boxes used to have ephemeral mayfly existences of a couple years at best.)

I mean, I'd like to upgrade to the PS4, but it just doesn't do anything that the PS3 doesn't do better! :(

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Yes please, Mr. Player Station the Fourth, allow the clever contemplation of three-dimensional movies to beheld by both of my eyes in a manner befitting the advertised packaging found on each disc claiming just such an experience to be had. Alas, this imposter's questionable debut remains bereft of an experience befitting a console claiming "next generation" capabilities. In fact, the actual perihelion to "about two generations behind the times" is much closer than I'd like to ponder in frank contemplation. After having recently exhausted many pouches of tuppence in the wake of my dearly departed PS3 in order to recreate happier times with your most immediate predecessor, I remain, earnestly but despondently, yours. "Ergo, concordantly," and so on.

—The Architect

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
YAY!!
Sony has just announced a new patch for their Playstation 4 console. According to their post PS4 owners will soon be able to enjoy 3D Blu-ray films on their devices.

Ever since the launch of the new generation of consoles, both Microsoft and Sony have been struggling to add new features, or in many cases, to re-add features that were lost in the transition from the last-gen.

Now Sony, is announcing a new upcoming patch via Twitter. According to the tweet, PS4 owners will soon be able to use their consoles for playing 3D Blu-ray content. The upcoming patch is version 1.75 but there’s no exact timeline for its launch.

While a limited few will no doubt welcome this improvement, the majority of PS4 users are feeling frustration at Sony’s shifting focus in regards to its console. The company originally focused heavily on gaming, and benefited from great sales numbers as a result. But they seem to have now shifted towards TV and media consumption, a direction which many of its fans disapprove of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks