What's new

Xbox Live Beta? (1 Viewer)

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Got the email Wednesday night and my kit should hit by next Tuesday. Now just a couple of questions, How many characters can your gamertag have? And can you change it as often as you like? I remember reading awhile back that once you create it you cannont change it. I was just wondering if this has been changed.

Also, will I be able to play Halo online without using Gamespy?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Greg, I think your gamertag is yours forever, so like the man said...choose wisely...

And no, you will still need gamespy to play Halo, unfortunately.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
ok, question regarding XBL Beta Testing:
What happens to the Beta Testers who want the goodies that come with the "purchased" real Xbox Live! non-beta kit come Nov 5th? Will the beta testers get a coupon or something for the free pack-in game(s) that ships with the real kit? (similar to the PS2 NA etc.) Or, since we are beta testing, are we just SOL? (which I think it lame, considering we are doing them a favor?!)
if beta testers dont get everything that people who bought on Nov 5th get then Im not sure I even want to participate in the beta, no?
Please tell me if Im being stupid. Thanks!!

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
The beta test at this point is really to start ramping up the number of people online at a time and get some more bugs tweaked out. More so once the next batch on 10/7 gets their kits and gets rolling.

HunterRose on Live. :

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Yep, is there anyone who signed up who didn't get the email for Oct 7?
BTW, in case anyone is wondering how it is going with the X-BOX Online... there is an NDA which precludes sharing of results until it is officially released.
WTH, if it sucks I'll use it as a phone.
:D

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
if there is a NDA, how come IGN and Gamespot et al can talking about initial impressesions of games on Live! etc?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
OK, I got a note that said "Soon, you'll be in...". What does that mean?

What do I have to do? Do I have to order the kit? How can I do that?

Someone help me please!

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
well i just placed my order i'm in! now here's hoping that they'll offer more than fever soon as i suck at football.
having modded my xbox i hope they only go after "backups" and not modifications.i guess the right thing to have done is wait and see but after having some great halo sessions on-line i am eager to go at it with human opponents!
hwshi

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
not so far according to other beta/modded testers.consensus is still out on what exactly they are going to go after:"backups" or mod chips.seeing as how if they only deny pirated games they still get they're fee for the live service and a game purchase from modded xboxers interested in playing on-line.
but anyways i didn't want to turn this topic into mod chips evil/good discussion.
see u all on-line next week hopefully burning rubber with moto gp
hwshi

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I also got an email saying that beta testers will be sent the same copies of Whacked! and MotoGP that the public will get. I believe the email said they would be shipping them out on or around October 7th. Good news for beta testers. If only my kit would come!

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
well, i believe that Oct 7th, is the next round for the next wave of beta testers (which I received the email that I was in on!). It makes sense that these new beta testers would received the new materials with their kits (and also do a mass mailing to all existing members with the new material) so that the new beta testers actually have some people to play with other than themselves!

this is all good news in my opinion, but, im rather dissappointed that there wasnt a full game included with the kit (like Twisted Metal Black online).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks