What's new

Xbox Live Beta? (1 Viewer)

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I got the email yesterday, as well, but I have a question. In the friends list, can you give each gamertag some sort of description, or in any way group your friends? For example, can I create an HTF group of friends, or in some way label your gamertags as being from HTF?

Or is it just a long list of gamer tags?

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
David,
I have not seen any editing options for the friends list other than add / mute voice / remove - it would definitely be nice to be able to create folders for groups of friends.
I was planning on making a list for HTF gamertags so I could keep them straight.
Bryan
I just went to the Beta wishlist and there are a bunch of requests for being able to manipulate the friends list, so the Beta team will not be able to say they didn't know... There was also a post asking for non-retarded gamers; an example of the flashes of brilliance that are on display. :rolleyes

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
That's unfortunate, but hopefully since this is a BETA they will be open to suggestions and could implement some way to tell gamertags apart or group them somehow. Thanks!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Check your emails again, lads, I and a friend of mine got ours today. Woo, and let me add, Hoo!!!! See you fellas online sometime next week. :) :) :) :)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
hey everyone, I got an email that said "You're In!" but the actual email said: "You will be in soon." GARRGH!!!

but, the email did give me hope. It said that on Oct 7th a new group of testers will be let in, and Im assuming from the email that I will be one of them.

and I just preorderd the Xbox Live! kit from EB yesterday!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Got the email! See you all online next week some time! A question though. I have roadrunner cable, do I have to pay them another 10.00 a month for another ISP address like it mentions in their book? Can I just use a router and play that way without paying anything additional? Also, any recommendations on a cheap wired router for a beginner in this stuff? Thanks

Scott "E"

Second Unit
I have roadrunner cable, do I have to pay them another 10.00 a month for another ISP address like it mentions in their book? Can I just use a router and play that way without paying anything additional?
Yes, you can use a router and avoid the extra cost. I would recommend the Linksys BEFSR41, you can probably find it for around $60 online.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, well, I'm in! I just signed up and should have it by Tuesday!

I have a question though, do I have to send back the Fever 2003 or is that mine to keep? I also understand that my credit card won't be charged until the service officialy launches... is that correct?

Will we just be keeping the set up we have, or will they be sending us something different? Just wondering.

Tom

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So can you play anything other than Fever online? I got the Oct. 7 email, but if it's only fever I think I might pass. Will there be any other incentives to join the beta other than getting in early?

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
pure speculation /on

I got the "Oct 7" mail as well, and I'm hoping that the reason for my late entry is that, as I put sports titles low on my list and fps titles high, Unreal will be the title us latecomers will be getting for the beta. Seems like I read somewhere that this was one of the titles expected to be included as part of the program.

Any thoughts?

pure speculation /off

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I got my kit and signed up this morning. Gamertag is The Bard. I'd love my first game to be with one of you guys instead of a punk 12 year old kid. Unless of course you are a punk 12 year old kid, in which case I might make an exception :)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i hope they give us new Oct 7th people anything but NFL Fever. Im not really looking forward to just playing 1 stupid demo of football on Xbox Live, expecially when I already have madden etc.

but either way, im not complaining.

I just want the beta so I can play the live games that arrive in Oct like Unreal and Mech assault etc. (before Nov!!)

anyone read the story on IGN claiming that Capcom vs SNK will be the official packin game for the Xbox Live launch?

i think thats rather a stupid idea, considering I dont know how much of the Xbox Live audience will be avid 2d fighter fans etc. THey should stick with a "average" game like a racer or something that anyone in the family can enjoy etc.

(although, I am a huge fan of 2d old school fighters etc, so I again am not complaining!)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone here know what a beta test is for?
I do, but of course, I'm not in it... Go figure...
:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks