What's new

Xbox Game Recommendationss (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Consider a wireless controller. I sit about 12-13 feet from my 57" RPTV. I did the extension cord bit, but it was always such a pain to drag the cords out, and wrap them back up when done, not to mention avoiding getting caught up in the long cord (I move around a lot when I get into a game :D ). Now, with the wireless, I just turn on the controller and I'm off.

Oh yeah, I bought the Pelican Eclipse wireless controller. I've been very happy with it - no problems at all.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Consider a wireless controller. I sit about 12-13 feet from my 57" RPTV. I did the extension cord bit, but it was always such a pain to drag the cords out, and wrap them back up when done, not to mention avoiding getting caught up in the long cord (I move around a lot when I get into a game :D ). Now, with the wireless, I just turn on the controller and I'm off.

Oh yeah, I bought the Pelican Eclipse wireless controller. I've been very happy with it - no problems at all.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Get Chronicals of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It is the best looking game I've ever seen. It is very fun to play, also.

Brion

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Get Chronicals of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It is the best looking game I've ever seen. It is very fun to play, also.

Brion

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Good idea Craig, I totally forgot about wireless, I'll try to pick up a Pelican when I go to buy the console.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Good idea Craig, I totally forgot about wireless, I'll try to pick up a Pelican when I go to buy the console.

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
I recommend GameFly :emoji_thumbsup:

It's my favorite monthly fee, works well for me. Of course I don't mind a few days between shipping out a game and receiving another. With the 2 game plan I just make sure to only do 1 at a time.

But I'll agree on Project Gotham Racing 2 and Halo... can't beat those.
If you're at all interested in an action/rpg type... Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, in my opinion, is just the best game ever, and apparently even non-RPG type players love it also.

Enjoy your Xbox!

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
I recommend GameFly :emoji_thumbsup:

It's my favorite monthly fee, works well for me. Of course I don't mind a few days between shipping out a game and receiving another. With the 2 game plan I just make sure to only do 1 at a time.

But I'll agree on Project Gotham Racing 2 and Halo... can't beat those.
If you're at all interested in an action/rpg type... Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, in my opinion, is just the best game ever, and apparently even non-RPG type players love it also.

Enjoy your Xbox!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Yes, as far as I've experienced. I have a 55" wide-screen hd (using the Monster component cables) and all of the xbox games Ive ever played on my tv are in 16x9, all I had to do was go into the xbox setup menu and tell it that its output is to go to a wide-screen tv or something like that. and I never noticed a stretched or mis-shapen picture.
does anyone disagree with this statement or have any technical info I dont know?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Yes, as far as I've experienced. I have a 55" wide-screen hd (using the Monster component cables) and all of the xbox games Ive ever played on my tv are in 16x9, all I had to do was go into the xbox setup menu and tell it that its output is to go to a wide-screen tv or something like that. and I never noticed a stretched or mis-shapen picture.
does anyone disagree with this statement or have any technical info I dont know?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I have the Logitech wireless controller, and the sensitivity goes quirky sometimes. plus if you want to play multiplayer games such as Halo, you need a few of them. extensions are probably the way to go.

Also for those of you who dont know, you can play Halo: Combat Evolved and other games online using a program called XBConnect {its free, no charge you just need a fast internet connection (i.e. cable, dsl)} and make sure its running on a computer that is connected to a network that your xbox is connectd to. Here is the site Link Removed

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I have the Logitech wireless controller, and the sensitivity goes quirky sometimes. plus if you want to play multiplayer games such as Halo, you need a few of them. extensions are probably the way to go.

Also for those of you who dont know, you can play Halo: Combat Evolved and other games online using a program called XBConnect {its free, no charge you just need a fast internet connection (i.e. cable, dsl)} and make sure its running on a computer that is connected to a network that your xbox is connectd to. Here is the site Link Removed

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, Halo is not 16:9 officially, but it may look acceptable stretched. In Post #11 I provided a link to a list detailing specifications for various games.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, Halo is not 16:9 officially, but it may look acceptable stretched. In Post #11 I provided a link to a list detailing specifications for various games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks