What's new

Xbox Game Recommendationss (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any thread from before September like this. I'm planning on purchasing an Xbox, and using the Monster component cables. I'm only going to get a couple of games to start off, I looking at a sports game, a racing game and possibly an action or strategy game. Any recommendations would be very appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any thread from before September like this. I'm planning on purchasing an Xbox, and using the Monster component cables. I'm only going to get a couple of games to start off, I looking at a sports game, a racing game and possibly an action or strategy game. Any recommendations would be very appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Action
Halo

What kind of racing do you like?
PGR2 is good mix of arcade and realistic driving
CMR4 - is an excellent rally racer with realistic physics

Upcoming game of interest - for me:
Spiderman2 - June 30th - you have the ability to roam the city of New York at your leisure. YES!You can re-enter the main storyline at any time.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Action
Halo

What kind of racing do you like?
PGR2 is good mix of arcade and realistic driving
CMR4 - is an excellent rally racer with realistic physics

Upcoming game of interest - for me:
Spiderman2 - June 30th - you have the ability to roam the city of New York at your leisure. YES!You can re-enter the main storyline at any time.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
PGR2

Splinter Cell or the sequel, SC: Pandora Tomorrow. :)

Sports? I actually find Top Spin to be a lot of fun...and I'm not even a follower of pro-tennis.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
PGR2

Splinter Cell or the sequel, SC: Pandora Tomorrow. :)

Sports? I actually find Top Spin to be a lot of fun...and I'm not even a follower of pro-tennis.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks guys, on my PC, I always liked Midtown Madness and Need For Speed, I always like driving through real cities so I wasn't sure if I should go for MM3, NFS, or a different racer like PGR2.

Spiderman2 looks really good, I just saw the screenshots at IGN, I think I'm sold on it already.

I don't follow Tennis either but looking at some screenshots on IGN, Top Spin looks pretty good. I may also get MVP Baseball 2004, and then wait for the next football, hockey and basketball games to come out. I've been debating between Madden and ESPN for football but I guess we'll see which one is better in a couple of months.

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to buy more games than I'm planning on? :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks guys, on my PC, I always liked Midtown Madness and Need For Speed, I always like driving through real cities so I wasn't sure if I should go for MM3, NFS, or a different racer like PGR2.

Spiderman2 looks really good, I just saw the screenshots at IGN, I think I'm sold on it already.

I don't follow Tennis either but looking at some screenshots on IGN, Top Spin looks pretty good. I may also get MVP Baseball 2004, and then wait for the next football, hockey and basketball games to come out. I've been debating between Madden and ESPN for football but I guess we'll see which one is better in a couple of months.

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to buy more games than I'm planning on? :)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
1. Halo (480p)
2. Project Gotham Racing 2 (480p)
3. Enter the Matrix (1080i)
5. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow (480p)
6. Tony Hawk Underground(720p)

in any order

AND YOU MUST
preorder Halo 2 (also 1080i) - in my opinion the game to end all games.

Also, not sure if you know this, but you have to buy the Monster Optical cable seperate. but well worth it since all the games Ive played are in 5.1, especially Splinter Cell, you can hear enemies approching behind you and whatnot.

(EDIT: HALO 2 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED AS 480P)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
1. Halo (480p)
2. Project Gotham Racing 2 (480p)
3. Enter the Matrix (1080i)
5. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow (480p)
6. Tony Hawk Underground(720p)

in any order

AND YOU MUST
preorder Halo 2 (also 1080i) - in my opinion the game to end all games.

Also, not sure if you know this, but you have to buy the Monster Optical cable seperate. but well worth it since all the games Ive played are in 5.1, especially Splinter Cell, you can hear enemies approching behind you and whatnot.

(EDIT: HALO 2 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED AS 480P)

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
I am not a fan of sports games but I got to second Top Spin. That game is so simple yet so complex.

For a racing game I recommend Ralli Sport Challenge 2. The graphics are great, as are the controls, and online play.

For action Halo is a must have. I would also recommend Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell PT, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
I am not a fan of sports games but I got to second Top Spin. That game is so simple yet so complex.

For a racing game I recommend Ralli Sport Challenge 2. The graphics are great, as are the controls, and online play.

For action Halo is a must have. I would also recommend Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell PT, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My recommendations (based on those I've played and/or own):

Halo
Project Gotham Racing 2
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Splinter Cell
Tony Hawk 3 (I also have 4 but prefer the other)
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive
Crimson Skies

I just played the Rallisport Challenge 2 demo. Pretty fun, and this from one who doesn't like most driving games (PGR being the exception).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My recommendations (based on those I've played and/or own):

Halo
Project Gotham Racing 2
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Splinter Cell
Tony Hawk 3 (I also have 4 but prefer the other)
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive
Crimson Skies

I just played the Rallisport Challenge 2 demo. Pretty fun, and this from one who doesn't like most driving games (PGR being the exception).

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks for everyone's help, I'm definitely going to get PGR2 and probably Halo as well. Got a couple of more questions, do any games come in 16x9? Also, how long are the cords on the controllers (I need a viewing distance of at least 10-12 feet for my TV.)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks for everyone's help, I'm definitely going to get PGR2 and probably Halo as well. Got a couple of more questions, do any games come in 16x9? Also, how long are the cords on the controllers (I need a viewing distance of at least 10-12 feet for my TV.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks