What's new

Xbox 360 Upscaling DVD to 720p? (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Howdy!
I read that the Xbox 360 (and the HD Player) playing through component cables will still only play a regular DVD at 480p at best. But if you use a VGA hookup instead, it CAN upscale a regular DVD to 720p.
So my question is, is it worth replacing my component cables with the VGA cable? How will regular Xbox gaming look? Same, better, worse? How much better will the DVD movies look? A lot better? Only a little bit better? One-time cost of $40 better? :D

I have a 42" Vizio plasma HDTV (though it reads 1080i, it max's out at 720p presentation). It has both component and VGA inputs (and HDMI, but not holding breath for this on my ol' 360).

Any thoughts would be great. And if you are into Rainbow Vegas, throw me an invite some night. :)

Thanks!

dubge

Agent
Real Name
Ray
I recently switched over to the vga cable and while I didnt thing the blades in the dashboard looked as good as they did through the component the Hd dvds and actual games looked to be a little sharper. It will also upconvert regular DVDs over the VGA. Over all it was worth it for me to spend 40 bucks on the cables, you can also find them used at a game store for 10 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks