What's new

Xbox 360 Kinect + Blu ray Player + SATELLITE TV + PC + 5.1 Sound System + Projector (1 Viewer)

tobiasthiago

Auditioning
Real Name
Thiago Tobias
I am new to this. I've read a lot about it but it seems the only way to make this work would be spending hundreds of dollars. Maybe someone here can help me out.
Here are the items I have (or that I am about to buy)
1) Xbox 360 Kinect
2) Blue Ray player (I need to buy one. I am looking for a really basic one if possible)
3) Satellite TV (DISH that has a receiver and I believe it lets me use HDMI cable to hook up to projector)
4) Projector BenQ W1060 (I am going to buy this one this week probably)
http://www.globalaudio.ru/sadm_images/Projector/BenQ/W1060-002.jpg
5) Sound System (not sure which one to use but it would be for movies, gaming, TV. Basically everything)
6) Regular PC with DVI and VGA output
My goal: I want to be able to use everything (PC, Xbox, Satellite TV and Blue Ray player) on my projector and I want al of them to use the sound system. Is it possible? What would I need? Where would each device be connected to? How much do you think I would have to spend?
Thank you very much!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you need an AVR ( Audio Video Receiver) that has HDMI inputs.
Each component will have a HDMI cable from it to the AVR. the HDMI cable will carry video and audio signals. You will need 1 HDMI cable to run from the AVR to the projector.
You will need an adapter for the PC to go from DVI to HDMI. DVI does not carry audio. A better option would be to upgrade the video card on the PC to one that has HDMI output.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by tobiasthiago /t/320440/xbox-360-kinect-blu-ray-player-satellite-tv-pc-5-1-sound-system-projector#post_3921748
I've read a lot about it but it seems the only way to make this work would be spending hundreds of dollars.

Based on the list of devices you are planning to purchase, a few hundred dollars for a decent A/V receiver is a drop in the bucket.

tobiasthiago

Auditioning
Real Name
Thiago Tobias
I know man. that's what happens when a poor college student gets a few bucks... I try to do the impossible... maybe I just have high expectations and little money...

tobiasthiago

Auditioning
Real Name
Thiago Tobias
Jason, how about this receiver?
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-1312-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B004U403S6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&coliid=I7FDVLNYG6YEI&colid=25OPG23N7QO0B
do you think that would do the job?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks