1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Xanadu Region 4

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Will K, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

Anyone have this? I've heard this is a longer cut of the movie with extras to boot...

2. Kent Keltner

Kent Keltner Auditioning

If you mean the 21st Anniversary Edition, there's a really good review of it here. Explains the plusses and minuses compared to the R1 release.

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

Excellent. Thanks, Ken.

4. Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson Supporting Actor

Thanks for mentioning this title BUT...from the sounds of it, the R1 release sounds superior. I believe the US DVD is the "extended video version" of the movie that has been on vhs/laser previously, running several minutes longer than the theatrical cut.

The Aussie audio is apparently awful, and the US R1 DVD has a solid 4.0 track, so I'm sticking with my American DVD.

5. Kent Keltner

Kent Keltner Auditioning

Yes, Mike. We could tell from the review.
    I didn't mean "good" as in a good dvd... "good" as in it's not biased by the studios like some stuff here and actually mentions the flaws and gives a detailed comparison against the R1... thereby helping to save importing a horrible disc.
    I've never gotten around to picking up the R1 disc... I really should one of these days. (I too bad then as a kid had a major crush on ONJ... ^_^;;[​IMG]