What's new

X3: Our First HD Double-Dip? (1 Viewer)

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
Here's the official press release:

Fox’s 1st BD Release Featuring 100% High-Def Content Also Includes A Cool, Graphically Spectacular Marvel Trivia Feature
-- On Blu-Ray November 14, Perfect For The Playstation 3 on November 17 –

CENTURY CITY, Calif. (November 2, 2006) – Continuing its unwavering commitment to the Blu-ray Disc format (BD), the only high-definition packaged media platform broadly supported by the film, music, gaming, computing and consumer electronics industries, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (TCFHE) today announced the North American Blu-ray debut of X-MEN: THE LAST STAND on November 14, timed and demographically perfect for the launch of Sony’s much-anticipated Playstation 3 on November 17. The three X-MEN movies are among the studio’s most popular and successful, collectively grossing over $1 billion at the worldwide box office and selling over 45 million DVD/VHS units. Reigning as one of the biggest films of the year and the industry’s biggest BD release ever, X-MEN: THE LAST STAND features 100% HD content in AVC (MPEG4) including the film and the bonus features – a first for Fox. It carries a suggested retail price of $39.98 U.S. / $49.98 Canada.

The BD release of X-MEN: THE LAST STAND on November 14 joins Fox’s stellar, action-packed line-up of initial BD releases, which includes BEHIND ENEMY LINES, FANTASTIC FOUR, KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (Director’s Cut), KISS OF THE DRAGON, THE OMEN (2006), THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, SPEED and THE TRANSPORTER. These releases also carry a suggested retail price of US$39.98/CAN$49.98.

The following week bring the Studio’s first day-and-date DVD and BD release with the concurrent release of ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN on November 21 in North America. This inaugural day-and-date release will benefit from the comprehensive, multi-million dollar marketing campaigns already in place for ICE AGE: THE MELTDOWN, which will tout the availability of the title on both DVD and BD.

Authored in HDMV with AVC (MPEG 4 compression) and exceptional 6.1 DTS ES HD Lossless Master Audio, the X-MEN: THE LAST STAND BD release boasts two commentary tracks (director Brett Ratner with writers Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg; separate track featuring producers Avi Arad, Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter), 12 alternate / extended scenes presented in 5.1 Dolby Digital audio (with optional director / writer commentary) and enhanced Marvel Trivia Track – with this feature activated, color graphics pop up throughout the film giving inside information from the Marvel universe on characters and events, plus favorite Marvel Comics are referenced and Marvel characters and graphics are incorporated into the presentation.

Fox’s commitment to emerging technologies is dedicated to enhancing the consumer experience of its products and providing for backward compatibility with their existing home entertainment libraries while also aggressively protecting its intellectual property from piracy. The Blu-ray companies fully embrace the Studio’s steadfast commitment to the fight against piracy and the preservation of the integrity of its properties. Twentieth Century Fox is a member of the Board of Directors of the Blu- ray Disc Association.

A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC (TCFHE) is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) as well as acquisitions and original productions. The company also releases all products around the globe for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets -- from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce - throughout the world. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company.

# # #

Also, this is a BD50 release...

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Patients is something we tend to be in short supply of. :)

But if I were a Sony gamer (I am notI I would get a PS3 if I could find on for the games, and wait for my next BD player to replace my Samsung until all of the dust settles. Hopefully, we will see some of this new product at CES in January.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Yes they double dipped this film right off the bat but I am going to buy it anyway. I can't pass up 1080p video with DTS-HD audio as well. At least the Panasonic Blu-ray will be able to play the DTS lossless track sometime soon. I am looking to most likely own the Panasonic Blu-ray player around March of 07 as soon as I can save up for it. X-Men 3 will be in my HD collection the day it goes on sale. The same goes with Pirates Of The Carribean as soon as it is released. MMmmmm Pirates with 1080p and DTS-HD.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
on the piracy topic from the release, I really hope that Blu Ray anti-piracy software works out. I'm really tired of hearing these stories of money lost from Studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks