1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

X1 video issue

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Derek_P, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Derek_P

Derek_P Well-Known Member

hello, i have had my X1 projector for about 3 days now... the first 2 days i watched the image was fine.... today i noticed a sort of wave or water effect on the screen...... i put up just the blank blue image on the screen, then i chose the white..... and it was still there so it's not the video source..... does anyone have ideas what it could be?

also, when i am using s-video i see scan lines going up the picture that look like a monitor when you video tape it..... this only happens when i have a video source connected.... could this be the s-video cable?

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Well-Known Member

Derek,

The scan lines are caused by a ground loop.

3. Mike LS

Mike LS Well-Known Member

If you have cable TV connected to your system anywhere, unplug it from the wall and see if that clears the scan lines up.

4. Andrew CM

Andrew CM Member

Hi Derek
    SOunds like heat from front exhaust port. Do you have it set on a table - if so, just use simple cardboard as a "screen" from the lens.

5. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Well-Known Member

i have had the same problem but i only see it when the screen goes dark. i'm lost on it to. is it better to have it on a shelf or a mount?

6. darron Z

darron Z Well-Known Member

i have the same prob when viewing dvds , but not directv it seems. is it progressive scan ? its a slow moving wave that moves upward every few minutes . how can i fix it?

7. darron Z

darron Z Well-Known Member

i guess nobody knows this mystery ......