1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men" trilogy re-release

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Allred, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    Well since all The Digital Bits ever talks about is Blu-Ray material and rarely goes into standard DVD any more, the recent announcement of the re-release of the "X-Men" trilogy raised a question.

"X-Men 3: The Last Stand" is a 2 disc set in the BR box and as we all know, the original release on DVD was just a single disc SO.......I'm assuming the re-releases are all on standard DVD as well so is it safe to assume that part 3 is getting a 2 disc set for regular DVD as well or is this a BR exclusive?

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Screenwriter

Joel Henderson
    I've heard that the trilogy set (which I assume is going to be 1.5, the original 2-disc of X2, and this new SE of Last Stand) is also going to be released in SD.

3. Colby

Colby Stunt Coordinator

Colby
    I just came here after reading the Bits with the very same question.

Kinda disappointing if they really are just not even mentioning DVD anymore. [​IMG]

4. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    I've been waiting for a 2-discer of The Last Stand since it was released and Brett Ratner was quoted saying there was a wealth of material left off the DVD. It's not exactly the greatest movie but I would like to finish my collection.

5. Patrick H.

Patrick H. Second Unit

I wouldn't be so sure about another SD release. When Fox released the X-Files films as a two-pack on Blu-Ray, the first film got a significant upgrade of bonus material. However, they didn't bother to re-release it on SD.

6. Michael Allred

Michael

Yes, let's completely ignore the millions of people who want standard DVD (and who outnumber BR by the way.) What a sound business decision.

Heck, I didn't even know about the X-Files thing either.

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I think it might have come to DVD if there weren't so many re-releases of DVDs that they've started to get lost in the shuffle.

8. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

Are you sure the 2nd disc isnt the Digital Copy?

9. Michael Allred

Michael

Yes I'm sure. Check out the Blu-Ray Bits and have a read.

10. PaulP

PaulP Producer

What new extras did Fight the Future have that weren't on the original DVD?

11. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Premium
    Supporter

Luis
    Yeah I'm kinda sick of reading about Blu-Ray on that website all the time-I used to access HTF thru The Blu-Ray Bits but now I just type in HTF directly and skip all the sensationalistic "news" they love to breathlessly report on. Anyway, unless X-Men has become a 3-hr. Director's Cut I'm not interested

12. AL KUENSTER

AL KUENSTER Second Unit

According to the Bits all 3 X-Men BR's are 3 disc ea. disc 3 is a digital copy

13. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

If they don't release X3 in a 2 disc sd dvd I'm really gonna be ticked. I held off on it because of the promise of a future 2 discer. Same thing with Da Vinci code which it also appears I'm getting screwed on as they've got a blu ray extended edition coming out and NO sd dvd. Do they realize that blu may be wonderful and all but sd dvd is still king of the hill and with the economy as horrible as it is it can't be helping blu take over as quickly as it might if things were better.

14. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

I would appreciate it if someone would answer this question. I just bought Fight the Future recently as it was on sale. I assumed it was on sale because it was being discontinued due to the imminent blu-ray release as part of a two pack with the sequel, but I never heard about the two pack version having new extras. If anyone knows about the alleged extras, I'm curious to know what they're like. DVDaficionado mentions that the two pack has a 121 minute theatrical version and a 122 minute extended cut version. That's pretty funny if the only difference is one minute. Must be one hell of a minute to get special mention like that. [​IMG]

15. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^The first X-Files movie on Blu-ray had a new commentary, some new featurettes and for the first time on video, the theatrical cut (the extended cut is also included).

16. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

Thanks, Travis. Do you know if those new featurettes were made recently, or "vintage" from when the movie came out? The original standard DVD release wasn't the theatrical cut?!? How could that be?

17. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

No, the extended cut is the only one ever released. However, the only difference is that there is some extra dialogue between Mulder and the Well Manicured man in the limo. It might amount to 30 seconds more than what was in theatres.

18. Colby

Colby Stunt Coordinator

Colby
    Y'know, that a DVD version of the new X-Men trilogy set hasn't shown up on Amazon yet makes me really think it's not gonna happen. Which really, really sucks.

19. Simon Caleb

Simon Caleb Stunt Coordinator

I guess now would be Fox's chance to reinstate the R rated footage from X-2, which was included in dark workprint form on the previous SD 2 dvd set.

20. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

Same for me.