What's new

#*@X&$ !! daylight savings time got me again! (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I just know I'm gonna forget and be late for my tee-time.

OK, now it's Saturday night, and I turn the clock forward 1 hour before I go to bed, right?

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Everyone see if they can convince their bosses to let them out early today...after all, we're losing an hour of our precious weekend!

(Don't mention the extra hour of weekend we pick up in the fall!)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
:D

I know my sleep schedule's going to be fucked up until Thursday at the earliest. I'm already up until after 3 most mornings, so now I'll be up until after 4.

I will enjoy the extra sunshine when I'm awake to enjoy it, though!:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I won't change my clock until Monday night, right at bed time, that way my weekend stays good. I don't mind screwing up Monday as it's just another work day.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I just set my clock ahead today at work and then left early. It was too damn nice out to stay inside anyway.

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
"Losing" this morning hour didn't mess me up. I was up pre-dawn as usual. But instead of being out and about at 4:30, it was now at 5:30. Small difference, ultimately.

Why is it Daylight "Saving" Time? Should it be Daylight SWITCHING Time?

Ben Franklin: "Just as sunflowers turn their heads to catch every sunbeam, so too have we discovered a simple way to get more from our sun. We've learned to save energy and enjoy sunny summer evenings by switching our clocks an hour forward in the summer."

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Pros...cons...good arguments both for and against DST...

All I really wanna know is...how the heck is Jack Bauer gonna handle this?!?!? Dammit!

:D

(Ducking for cover.)

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I've lived in central Indiana for my 31 years so this was the first time that I've ever sprung forward (Indiana changed it's laws to adopt DST).

Overall, this rates as a big so-what for me.

Not that big of a deal. For me, at least.

JKS

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I have the PERFECT solution to all this DST crap!....Push the clocks 30 minutes ahead and LEAVE THEM THERE!

This way we'll only be a half hour behind in the winter and a half hour ahead in the summer and we'd NEVER HAVE TO CHANGE CLOCKS AGAIN!!!!! :thumbsdown::angry:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Now all you have to accomplish is the utterly trivial task of convincing those who don't mind the status quo to agree with you that what you want is perfect, and that the reprogramming and re-educational cost is worth it. :D

Tommy G

Screenwriter
On the one hand I'm glad that DST came quicker this year but it is screwing things up on my dvd recorder and my daughter's clock radio which has that automatic time thing built in. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks