What's new

X-box Music Mixer problem and solution (1 Viewer)

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
I have a home network, with a Linux box, 2 NT boxes, 2 XP pro boxes, and a router that will be connected to DSL some day in the future. The PDC NT box is my DHCP server.

No X-box live.

My 1 XP box where I installed Mixer software has a separate hub which also has the link to the x-box.

The X-box got a valid IP from DHCP but didn't see the XP box send Pics.

I went into the x-box live portion and tried a fixed IP.

Still no luck.

I was able to ping the x-box while it was in x-box live test mode so I know my cables were right.

Then, I tried lying to the X-box and gave it my XP PC's fixed IP instead of the real gateway as the gateway.

It all worked!

I'm posting this in case anyone runs into similar problem.

Peter

JayV

Supporting Actor
Can you temporarily disable any third party firewall on the XP box to see if it's blocking your Xbox access to My Pictures?

-j

PerryD

Supporting Actor
It's disappointing that the Xbox needs to be connected to your computer to get new songs and to transfer picture files. The program should have allowed transfer directly from a CDR to the Xbox. Also, the program does not support Karaoke CDGs, so even if you have an extensive collection of Karaoke CDs, you'll need to purchase them again to play the same songs on the Xbox. Mainly for those reasons, I returned my copy. Good idea, bad execution.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Jay,
I tried diabling firewalls, didn't fix it. I think the issue is X-box mixer didn't think they would be on a multi-machine home network and was probably trying to talk to another machine. Afterall, with the gateway pointing to the xp box instead of the real gateway it now knows which machine to talk to. Neither piece of software (XP or X-box side) ask for the name or IP address of the other machine to talk to.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks