What's new

WWE DVD release Dates (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
WWW.videoeta.com has a list of WWE DVDs that we can expect in the next 6 months or so. I'm sure this can always change, but this is what they have as of now.

12/16/2003, Survivor Series 2003
1/20/2004 Armageddon and Mick Foley
2/10/2004, The Monday Night Wars
2/24/2004, Royal Rumble 2004
3/02/2004: WWE, John Cena
3/16/2004 Kurt Angle
3/16/2004, No Way Out 2004
4/27/2004, Diva's Mexico and WrestleMania 20
5/04/2004, Backlash 2004

they also have a 12/30/2003 release for Ultimate Fighting Championship 43.

If these dates hold up, WWE is getting a lot of my money in the coming months.

Note: The Best of Confidential DVD was apparently scrapped due to poor sales, according to PWInsider.com

Greg S

Supporting Actor
It would be nice to get some idea what's on those non-pay per view DVDs.

Anyone know??

Greg

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I believe I read somewhere that the Foley DVD was a 2 disc set. Hopefully, it will include some of his WCW matches against Sting and Vader.

The Kurt Angle 1 can not suck, it just can't.
The Monday Night Wars DVD makes me nervous. I'lll probably get it, but the WWE tends to rewrite history more than I would like them to, look at the nWo DVD for proof.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, WrestleMania remains at the top of my want list, not just for Wrestling DVDs, but the top of my overall DVD wish list.
I had heard a couple of years ago that WrestleMania's past would be headed to DVD. It would also make sense for it to be this year what with the twentieth WrestleMania on the herizon, and yet we hear nothing.

Also, for those interested, I read somewhere that the WWE pay per view DVDs, like No Mercy and such will contain no extra features from now on, so be advised.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
The Monday Night Wars DVD makes me nervous. I'lll probably get it, but the WWE tends to rewrite history more than I would like them to, look at the nWo DVD for proof.
I was thinking the same thing. You know that the info will be so slanted, longtime WWE and WCW fans will probably be disgusted. I'm sure that Vince won't remind the fans that WCW Nitro beat WWF RAW in the ratings for almost 2 straight years.
I will pick this up, though. I'm hoping to see some of the good stuff from both feds during the Monday Night Wars.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Casey

That would make sense with WM 20 coming up, perhaps we will see some of those stars from WM 1 show their face

:D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, what I want is matches an angles that highlight the best of both shows, I could live without a documentary thing entirely. A disc of Raw and a disc from Nitro.

Of course, we'll probably get a segment on billionaire Ted skits and how the WWE was only funnin around and WCW took it way too serious, even though the skits themselves were stupid and actually caused people to tune off Raw.

Like I said, the nWo DVD jumped from 1996 to 2002. I seem to remember it lasting a bit longer than that.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
If WWE DVD's had a great 5.1 mix to them, I'd be scooping their titles up like crazy.

However, it's in stereo and is no better then my VHS collection, so I continually pass on WWE DVD's.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Some of the DVDs do have 5.1 surround, WrestleMania X8 does and it sounds sweet as hell.

Even the stereo tracks are an upgrade over what most people were watching this stuff on which was sixth generation video tape. Hell, most of the stuff on these recent DVDs especially the WCW footage was never made widely available on VHS in the first place. Stuff like the Steamboat/Flair Clash VI match I don't believe ever made it to video under WCW.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but you really are missing out on a lot of great stuff that WWE has put out on DVD recently, especially the Ric Flair set.

Wrestling DVDs for me, and I'm only speaking for myself are worth the investment for the content and the content alone, and for me I've decided that the DVD quality is obviously better than my sixth generation tape.

Chuck, thanks for the MNW link. Apparently, and I don't have a subscription so I don't know, but there is supposed to be a right up on the DVD in the wrestling observer newsletter.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The new Foley set is full of great stuff. I burned through all of disc one and part of disc two just over the course of the weekend.

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Im waiting for all the Wrestlemania's, Rumbles, King of the ring, Survivor Series and Summerslams to be released.

All the In Your House DVD's would be amazing aswell.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I havent been into wrestling in years, but I would REALLY love to have some of the older Wrestlemanias, especially 4 on DVD. I have it on VHS and the quality is shoddy.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here are the specs so far

Features:
86 Minutes of Matches and Events That Changed the Face of Sports-Entertainment:
Two Matches From RAW:
Stone Cold Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels Vs. British Bulldog and Owen Hart
Shawn Michaels & Triple H Vs. The Legion Of Doom
Two Matches From Nitro:
Chris Benoit Vs. Booker T
Goldberg Vs. Hulk Hogan

Vince McMahon "Bret Screwed Bret"
Eric Bischoff's Challenge To Vince McMahon
The Last Nitro, With Comments From the Superstars About What It Meant To Them
And More!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The Angle DVD should be awesome, and the WWE needs to release a Chris Benoit disc, that would rule the world, with his WWF/E/ECW/WCW matches. They would have to put the tribute match that he had with Bret Hart on Nitro in Oct. 1999, in the same arena where Owen died. It was my favorite match that year.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Guys, VideoETA.com lists a John Cena DVD for release on 3/2/2004, but I haven't found it listed anywhere else.

I don't know, Cena is good and all, but how many good matches has he had to earn a DVD release? Of course in his case, a documentary might be intresting, and he starred in 1 before that aired on the discovery channel, so we'll see.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I find it hard to believe that WWE is pushing Wrestlemania 20 so hard and yet the first 15 or so Manias are not available on DVD. You would think they would release a big box set or something to help promote 20 more. Maybe after 20 is released we'll see some of the older ones, but even then I doubt it.

I would also like to see Flair like sets for Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks