What's new

WWDC 2012 Official Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Ronald Epstein said:
Apple store is back open, but go to their MACBOOK PRO area
and I could swear they are selling their older models.
I think people who don't know better are going to get confused.
Why is the store not updated?
Must be a cached link. Both my machines still show the store down.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Craig S /t/321426/wwdc-2012-official-discussion-thread-l-i-v-e/30#post_3937240
"Power Nap"?!? Silly name, but pretty cool. Keeps your Mac updated (mail, etc.) while it's asleep.

Appears to be Mac adopting S4. Good for everyone, it's definitely the right idea

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
New Laptops don't come with Mountain Lion.. it'll ship end July.. but only $19.99 upgrade.. free if you buy one of the new Macs today, or until ship

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Really like the concept of new laptop; but may hold off on recommending until it ships with Mountain Lion.. prefer to have them do the install/get all the new features then buy knowing I'll be doing an OS upgrade in a month

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Siri announcing sports to a room of people who find the concept of sports/physical activity scary is pretty funny "crickets" everything else huge applause "time of next San Francisco 49ers game" (chirp chirp) these people are saying to themselves "who?"

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ugh 90 minutes in with no mention of a new Pro (hell at this point I'd take a compelling iMac upgrade). Unless they pull a classic "one more thing" it looks like I'm going to have to build a new Windows box.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
They're done with hardware announcements for the day. Doesn't mean there won't be new Mac Pros and iMacs introduced in the next few weeks. There's no way they were going to do ALL the hardware upgrades in one day. Today was for the laptops.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, the good news is that I also agree, I don't think a Pro today.. which is good because it prevents the lousy specs that we were seeing rumored coming to fruition

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Are all these navigation features FREE? I was just about to buy a new Garmin...but now...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/321426/wwdc-2012-official-discussion-thread-l-i-v-e/30#post_3937272
Are all these navigation features FREE? I was just about to buy a new Garmin...but now...

Free when iOS 6 comes out.

3D flyovers. Google and Apple are now competing head-on in mapping technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks