What's new

WWDC 2007 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
For discussion of the Apple Developer Conference (WWDC). Not sure what the WW stands for, but, let's discuss.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I started this out because I wanted to ask if anyone heard if new iPods were announced? I've been waiting for a Nano with more memory, but it seems like no announcement came, yet again.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Er... looks like WWDC discussion is already taking place under the subject "New Leopard video's". Nevermind.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
No hardware was announced at World Wide Developer Conf. just info about Leopard and a little about iPhone

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I wonder why so many people expected things like iPod and iMac announcements at a developer's conference? It's not a consumer equipment show, it's a show for software developers.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

True enough. It's just I expected the 16GB iPod to be introduced at the last consumer show, but it was ignored in favor of the phone. I thought there was a chance they'd use the DevCon to give a quick update on the rest of their product line.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Apple seems to be releasing most hardware updates these days separate from MacWorld or WWDC. MacBook(&Pro) updates came out, announcement free, over the last few weeks.

Unless there is some radical change (or brand new product), they won't bother with a special event.

Ted

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Every single developer I know codes on a MacBookPro. Yes, some also have MacPros, but all have MacBookPros.

MacPros these days are mainly the province of video professionals and others who require major horse power, or wish to hook up a large number of 30" Apple Cinema Displays (see Gore, Al). For just writing code, any Mac will do fine these days, from a Mini on up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.