What's new

Wuold like some opinion on placement of some diffusors (1 Viewer)

robc1976

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Wanted your opinion on this, I recently treated my room (Nothing high grade, but it sounds great). I have seen posts of people putting diffusors behind there mains, and some do not suggest it...below are pics of my room and my proposed locations for the diffusors...any suggestions? I have 9.1 A-DSX if that helps. Auralex reccomended I put the diffusors over the absorbtion for better broadband control. Front soundstage:
diffusorfrontsoundstage.jpg
Right side of MLP:
rightmlp.jpg
Left side of MLP:
leftmlp.jpg
Above MLP: (This pic is just what I already have and want to add.)
mlpfullsize.jpg
frontmlp.jpg
backofmlp.jpg
Back-wall:
backwallfullsize.jpg

robc1976

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Leo Kerr said:
Interesting; I hadn't seen diffusers over absorbers before.
Usually it is one or the other, Auralex suggested it.... to me the sound would have to be able to go thru the diffusor to increase broadband and that wouldn't be a very good diffusor LOL!! I know the sound can't go thru it...I think they have me doing this because some of the foam is still exsposed. I may actually may cut the foam out from under the diffusor so it fits in and the foam is on the outside only, not underneath. I have seen that before but never on top...I don't believe it is hurting anthing but wasting a bit of foam. On the back walll hardlly any is covered so I will leave that....but over MLP I am wondering if absorbtion is really needed there. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks