What's new

WTB Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t or IL60 Spreakers (1 Viewer)

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
I have a pair of Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t that I brought with me from San Jose that no longer fit in my tiny New York apartment. Boxes and eveything included. Reply, PM or email me to let me know if you are still looking as I will be putting them up on Audiogon/ebay as soon as I have time as they are causing marital strife taking up half of the living room. They can be shipped, but it may be more trouble than it's worth.

PS. I also have the matching center speaker which is not working and I haven't had a chance to send off to Infinity for repair yet. I would throw that in also if interested.

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
Girish,

Sorry, but I don't have the ability to reply to IMs (very strange for the forum to allow new users to receive but not reply to IMs...not exactly user friendly or logical).

As far as price, if you're willing to save me the time and trouble of posting on ebay and audiogon and of shipping them, then I would sell them for $999 ($1099 with matching but non-functioning center channel). If I weren't stuck in a tiny New York apartment, I would not be selling them at all as I have been nothing but happy with their performance.

ngmitter

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Gmitter
I am curious, are the speakers still for sale?

Also, what finish do they come in?

I live in NJ and have always been interested in this speaker. If possible, would I be able to listen to them upon a visit to NYC?

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Nick

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
They are still for sale. I'd love to let you listen to them but they are currently boxed up along with all of my other stereo equipment all of which is sitting in my tiny New York apartment living room. There isn't really room to even unpack them, though if you are really interested we could probably get at least one of them out and hooked up to some sound source...though they obviously won't sound their best (if they fit I wouldn't be selling them at all).

Both 4.1ts have the black accent strip. The non-working but matching center speaker may have the tan strip, but I'm not sure as there were a couple of extra ones (I bought these from the person who reviewed them for Stereophile and he sent along extra strips and an extra RABOS kit). I suspect the center speaker needs a new power supply.

Sorry for all of the inconvenience, but that's one of the reasons why I'm selling them for so cheap.

Let me know if you still want to see/hear them.

ngmitter

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Gmitter
I'm currently in Iowa for business, but I'm seriously considering taking a look at these. I should be back at the end of this week.

Based on your previous post, I assume they do not come with any grills. Is this correct?

Knowing the rarity of these speakers, I am a bit worried about repairing the center channel. I do now know if any one even carries the replacement amplifier section anymore. I've always loved these speakers and dreamed of owning a pair, but they were too expensive at the time. The price, combined with the close proximity makes this offer appealing.

I'll let you know if I'd like to meet up by the end of the weekend. Perhaps we could plan on weekend of the 14th/15th.

Thanks,
Nick

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
The speaks do have their grills. They are basically mint with all extras...though I think it's makes sense to at least open the boxes to make sure their wasn't any damage during the move. They are great speakers though...and for the money they would be hard to beat especially if you're able to take advantage of the 2 built in powered subwoofers.

The weekend of the 14th/15 works for me...just let me know day and timing.

Thanks,
Greg

rcheng

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger Cheng
Hi Greg,

I was curious, would you be interested in selling your extra RABOS kit separately? Thanks.

- Roger

rcheng

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger Cheng
Hi Greg,

I was curious, would you be interested in selling your extra RABOS kit separately? Thanks.

- Roger

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
Sure. No reason not to. I need to to check and confirm that both kits have all of the parts as there may have been something missing from one of them. Are you looking for the full kit, or are there specifc parts that you need?

Thanks,

Greg

rcheng

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger Cheng
I'm looking for the full kit. How much do you want for it?

- Roger

ngmitter

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick Gmitter
Greg,

I have decided I'm going to stick with my Paradigm setup for now and hunt down a pair of Studio 100 V3. Good luck selling the Intermezzo's. If any of my friends or coworkers are looking for a system, I'll sure let them know about the good deal you have going.

Honestly, if I didn't have these Paradigm's, I would have definitely bought the 4.1Ts.

GXAlan

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan Dang
I'm interested in your 4.1t's and I'm located in Connecticut. Any chance you can deliver (2 hours away). Are the boxes in good enough condition to ship?

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
Yes, still for sale. I do still have the original boxes in decent shape. They're actually still in them from my last move as there isn't room for them in my tiny NY apartment. It's probably possible to ship them but I don't know if it would be cost-affective given how large and heavy they are. They might require freight.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Greg

russegb

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Russell
Dave,

The 4.1t speakers are still for sale. I'm just in the process of listing them on eBay, but would be happy to shut the auction down. I'm not sure what I will list them for on eBay, but $900 cash + any delivery/shipping costs will get them if you are still interested.

Thanks,

Greg

simon wagstaff

Auditioning
Real Name
john cadwell
HI, Just wanted to chime in that I have a pair and they are amazing speakers. I drive them with a Van Alstine U70 tube amp, you really should try to squeeze them in, maybe put them on the fire escape.

I have been up to NYC a couple of times and had no idea they were still available. I would get them for rear speakers and have 4 of those subs plus a pair of VMPS. foundation of the house would never be the same.

A couple of notes. I got the center channel and it's power supply went bad quickly as well. don't know why. Infinity fixed it quickly for about 100 bucks, no problems. Really are wonderful speakers.

I am trying to talk a friend of mine into buying them, if they are still available I would consider them for my rears as well, Crazy, but for the price, why not?

the audio press never really caught on to these but there are a couple of good reviews out there.

Still available?

UserNumber54321

Auditioning
Real Name
Some Dude
Greg,

Is the extra RABOS kit still available, and if so, how much o you want for it? Saw someone else ask but didn't see anything to indicate if it was sold. I need the whole kit to calibrate my IL60s.

Thanks.

htless

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen
Hi Greg,

I know you have been asked several times, but are the 4.1t speakers still avialble for sale? If so, I would be interested in purchasing them from you. I live in New Jersey and have perfect feedback on eBay and Audiogon. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks, Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks