1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WSJ Article about Stanley Kubrick’s ‘Fear and Desire’ to Finally Be Released on DVD ?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by oscar_merkx, Sep 27, 2010.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/09/20/stanley-kubricks-fear-and-desire-to-finally-be-released-on-dvd/

read further

2. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

A restoration for DVD is most welcome, but I already have FEAR AND DESIRE on DVD. It was released in Italy by "Alan Young Pictures," a region 2 PAL. The quality of the transfer is nothing for Alan Young Pictures to be proud of. But the price has come down about ten dollars since I bought mine:

http://www.amazon.com/Fear-Desire-NON-USA-FORMAT-Reg-2/dp/B001VYO7A8/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1285644284&sr=1-1

3. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

I attended the mentioned screening in Los Angeles, and I didn't come away with the impression that a dvd would be released anytime soon, only that after a restoration from the recently discovered negative, one would eventually appear. Eastman House is still attempting to raise funds for the project. I came away with the impression that it'll be quite some time before we see a dvd release.

4. Jay E

Jay E Screenwriter

I am so happy to hear that this will be restored and making it's way to DVD!!

I urge anyone who is interested in purchasing this, to please avoid this DVD...the transfer is VERY bad...I gave up watching it after 5 minutes as it looked like a 5th generation VHS copy.