What's new

Wow, this Staples clerk isn't too bright. (1 Viewer)

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I'd go back to the store, grab the clerk, and tell the manager "this guy is the reason I'm never shopping here again".

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I just realized something. This person was looking for MS Flight Simulator, or at least should have been. It is perhaps the best flight simulator out there, right? From what I know of it, it is good enough to teach you a lot about flying. I've heard of Navy flight students using it to teach them pretty much everything they need to know before entering flight training. So if MS Flight Simulator is so good, and could teach you enough to fly a plane around, isn't Microsoft supporting terrorism if you apply the logic of this sales clerk? Sounds like another reason to break up Microsoft to me.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
... from the Staples in the TOWN where I grew up. :b

And what if I HAD grown up in a Staples? Isn't that my business? Why do you want to know? Are you a TERRORIST?

Geez!

;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
How about this? The pilots are dead, and the terrorists are flying the plane. The passengers decide to stage an uprising, and they eventually kill all of the terrorists. Uh-oh, who's going to fly and land the plane? Hey, I've had experience with MSFS, how about me?

I know you were being sarcastic, Keith, but that's the argument I would put forth if someone was serious about it.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
So let's get this right - in the USA someone buying a flight simulator causes the police to call at your house, but buying a gun doesn't?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, background checks are done when buying a gun, and you have to have a license.

So Thomas are you say MS supports both sides? That is a good argument I guess, typical of MS, doing whatever they can to make a profit.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I wonder if I'm a terrorist. I totally suck at flight simulators. Anytime I'm playing them and I'm flying around over NYC, I'm sure to crash into a building. It's not intentional, I'm just a bad pilot.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sure, why not. Hey, terrorists buy computers too, the computer and other software companies should be held responsible for allowing their products to be purchased by terrorists! Every company that inadvertently sells products to terrorists should be punished and done away with!

Walt N

Second Unit
Seems a bit over-the-top, doesn't it? Just a little common sense practiced by Staples couldn't have hurt, but then common sense isn't very common.

You might do all right, but I sure wouldn't want to be there for the landing. :D

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Seems fishy to me and I'm surprised nobody has picked up on it.
The Staples manager called and said someone was in trying to buy a flight simulator and then the cops went to Olearcek's house.
How did the cops know it was her? How did the store manager know it was her?
I call complete bull**** on the whole story.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Maybe she had a Staples card.

Maybe she bought with a credit card, and they traced her that way.

Maybe she was known to the employees.

Maybe they noted her license plate.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale

The only possibility I think. Although, they probably would have mentioned that in the story.

I still call bull on this one. Just another way to get people more afraid.

AllanN

Supporting Actor

Practice, practice, practice I used to fly small planes in-between the world trade center towers. I’m going to be bummed when finally do pick up the new version and they are probably not there.

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe people still think the next terrorist act will involve a plane. There are plenty of other places they could strike that arn't secured that would cause plenty of deaths.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks