1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Would your wife play with you-TOP SPIN tournament, LCVG Top Spin "couples" tournament

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Keith Frederick, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Well-Known Member

Once again, I am sorry. But XSN DELETED the tournament for no reason. Sorry to frustrate you all. But I am happy to announce that I've started a Top Spin TOUR that starts next week, and you've all been invited. I have made this tour public, so please join ASAP to reserve your spot.

INVITEES
    H1ro, fighting fish, Mister Doodads, NPYYZ, ant1, Kfredericks, JTello, Nightwing, xPieter, WarEagle, OCGN Hiro, Thro, ElmoVT, JGDiablo, spubiga, MrBrett, Sonic Yogurt

http://www.XSNsports.com/TopSpin/JoinGroup/?tgid=1264
    LCVG TSPIN TOUR

2. Keith Frederick

We have six couples interested in the tournament. Looking for EIGHT. C'mon, anyone here interested?

3. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Well-Known Member

Hey, my wife and I will compete!

While she rarely plays video games with me, tennis is one of the very few that she actually likes to play!

Count us in please!!

4. Leslie W

Leslie W Well-Known Member

Count in me and mine. We are both interested.

5. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fantastic idea. My wife isnt a gamer, but she likes tennis. If there is a slot left open we will take it.

Jeff

6. Keith Frederick

Sounds good. Everyone here will be included. The game comes out at the end of this month.

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea to get the sig others involved. [​IMG]

8. Keith Frederick

You all need to sign up for XSN sports to join this league. Please let me know your gamertag so that I can invite you (unless you've already listed it) and sign-up at XSN:
    http://www.xsnsports.com/

9. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Well-Known Member

Have you created the Tournament yet at XSN?

Or do we have to wait until the game is officially out before you can do anything with it on xsn?

Also, my Gamertag is "OCGN Hiro" (Note the space)

Thanks!

10. Keith Frederick

I cannot create the tournament until the game is released. And I cannot include anyone until they register at XSN.

11. Keith Frederick

Good news folks, Top Spin is getting excellent reviews. The critics seem to love this game. So far the most celebrated Microsoft sports game.

12. Keith Frederick

Wow, it looks like we have 15 people who are interested! The max on XSN is 16! That means we have 30 tentative participants. This might be just what we all needed to get our gals away from the reality TV. I am very excited. The reviews are great. And they're making it sound like this game, more than any other, is approachable by gamers and non-gamers.

The tournament will start in early November. Everyone make sure they register at XSN. And please update me on your status.

Do you have the game yet?
    Have you registered at XSN?
    Suggestions for tournament settings!?

More soon.

13. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Well-Known Member

14. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Well-Known Member

If you need another couple to join, my wife and I would love to. I was going to delay getting Top Spin, but with the TRU sale, I convinced the better half that buying a bunch of games now would SAVE us money in the long run! :wink:

15. Jeff Peake

Keith:

I just registered at XSN. Hopefully my preorder from EBGames will ship today and I will have it tomorow.

Jeff

16. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston

17. Keith Frederick

You need a passport account linked to your gamertag. The site will walk you through the process. just go to xsnsports.com.

Once you are registered there, I can add you to the tournament and you will receive an official invitation. PLEASE let me know if you are interested in the tournament. It is not clear whether some people are just interested in the game, or the actual tournament. Provide me with your gamerTag too if you haven't already. Thanks. Can't wait.

18. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    I just read a review at IGN that states this game does not support mixed doubles. I picked up the game but being at work, I cannot confirm this. Can anyone?

19. Keith Frederick

Cannot confirm this, but this matches everything that I've read. Also, the game only supports two XBOX play at a time.. meaning you couldn't have four different people play on four different XBOXes.

20. Jeff Peake

No mixed doubles is correct.

Overall I like the game alot. But there are some problems.

1) no mixed doubles or singles. I was bummed when my wife created her character and we were unable to play against eachother (her with her woman player and with my man player). This sux.

2) no way (that I can find) to save a tournament in progress. Once you start one, you have to finish all the way. If you try to back out to the main menu it warns you that quiting will force you to lose and your rating will go down (this is for single player career mode).

3) no practice mode. I would like to be able to just return balls, work on serves etc. Seems like a big oversight to have no way to practice.

In spite of these flaws, the game is friggin awesome. I just played for 6 hours straight! Gameplay is very solid...it feels like real life tennis. Between this game and Links 2004 I think my winter is pretty much planned.

I give Top Spin a 9/10 for gameplay, 8/10 overall.