What's new

Would anyone want to buy my LaserDiscs? (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I still own about 7-800 LD's, but except for a few titles (anyone have The Little Rascals, Volume 3 box set? I'm real interested in that), I am not looking to buy any more. Sorry, I don't need anything from your list. I'm probably going to sell off the bulk of them pretty soon (don't have a list, but if you're searching for a non-anime title, ask! With the price you're willing to pay).

You could try selling them as a group on Ebay. You'll do well to receive $1/disc though, and may end up with as little as 50 cents per. But it's better than nothing.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I still check Ebay for used LD's from time to time - the last one I picked up was a Japanese LB pressing of Eraserhead which I only paid $20 US for (rarely seen sold for less than $60). I look for stuff that's still MIA on LD, such as Paul McCartney's "Rockshow", or "It Came from Hollywood". I try to avoid paying any more than $30 US for any collectible used LD on Ebay.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I bought a copy of Wild Wild Planet off E-bay last month. It was my first LD of the year.

Keith, IT CAME FROM HOLLYWOOD is a fun LD. I've had my copy since the late 80's. It's P & S, but it's a 1.85-1 film so it's not too extreame. The analog sound suffices quite well. It got announced for DVD once some years back. It must be a rights nightmare...? So, keep looking for the LD. It's funny as hell in any aspect or aspect ratio. ;) :)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Some of those titles are known rotters [see LDDb.com for a good reference], so you may not be able to do anything but throw them away. "Beauty and the Beast: Work in Progress" is a notable case, as is "Willow" -- in fact and Columbia/TriStar title is suspect, since they were mostly pressed at Sony's Terre Haute facility [DADC USA] which has never heard of Quality Control. But Media Mail is very cheap; I sent Big Emma's 35 lbs of mixed discs I got in a package deal with a player, and only paid $15. Since I opted for trade credit [they had some anime discs I wanted, and I bought some inner sleeves], I feel I came out all right.

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I just sold 22 laserdiscs all in DTS and I made $1200AUD on Ebay. DTS titles seem to be in high demand. The only one I kept was Jurrasic Park which was the first DTS laserdisc I bought. There is definatly a market out there especially for DTS.

RickHeart

Agent
Reading this thread, I can't helping thinking of the inevitable, similiar thread that will pop up in around 7 years...maybe less...

"Would anyone want to buy my standard-def DVD's?"

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps there should be an area on the HTF for this topic. I'd hate to see good LD's trashed or sold on e-Bay to some who may not appreciate what they're getting. After all, I bet there are more people here who would appreciate a find here among HT enthusiasts.

I've got many LD's that I doubt I'll sell, but some I would consider letting go to a better home. But I'd hate to let most of them go.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I have over 1500 lasers and would like to sell most of them. I just don't have the space anymore to keep them. Quite a few have not been released on DVD yet.

I'm just not sure if E-Bay is the answer. I would really like to sell them in lots of 250 or more. I just don't have the time or resources to sell them individually.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

That's understandable considering the DTS track is located on the space reserved for the PCM track. What was the bitrate again? 1.2 or 1.4 mbps?

I may only have 112 titles in my collection, but many of them haven't been properly released on DVD yet such as It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (almost-roadshow edition), Colossus: The Forbin Project (widescreen), the Alamo (roadshow edition), and the original non-special edition release of the Star Wars trilogy (THX CLV editions).

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Jay E, I would bring them to one of those places that sells merchandise for you on Ebay. If you have any of the Warners box sets, (Forbidden Hollywood, MGM Composers Collection, the Short Films, the Dawn of Sound series) you may be surprised how much money they bring in.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I just want to make sure, all of the titles that are listed are still available, right? I would be willing to take some if not all of them off your hands if you give me a PM.

Also looking for:

Spinal Tap: Criterion and Jerky Boys.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I cry at the thought of what these used to cost.

Damn, didn't the start at $40 a piece?

I remember paying $99.99 for the Halloween Criterion in 1994.

Laserdisc was a very expensive hobby to be interested in for many years. Though the quality was good.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'm gonna take some of my most useless LD covers and frame 'em with those album frames and hang 'em. A star Trek maybe, Alien Nation possibly? I already have a Twister LD that got left in a player by a repair shop hang on the wall of my HT already. I have alot of really worthwhile LD's but I've my share of discs that live on the last shelf on the left...;)

mary dueitt

Auditioning
Real Name
mary dueitt
i
Here is the list of my LaserDiscs.

I'm thinking of selling them really cheap, maybe as low as $1.00 each.

Maybe you want them just for the cover art, thats ok with me.
There's really nothing old, but if you're interested e-mail me or post here.

In no particular order:

Barbarella(WS)
Beverly Hills Cop II
Black Rain(WS)
Cape Fear (1991)(WS)
Chain Reaction(WS)
The Color Purple(WS)
Conan the Barbarian(WS)
Dick Tracy
Far and Away (WS)
Field of Dreams
The Firm (WS)
Hard Target (WS)
JFK (WS)
Naked Gun
Naked Gun 2 1/2
K-9
Lethal Weapon 3 (WS)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (WS)
Matinee (WS) Includes "Mant" Featurette
Niagara
No Way Out
Out for Justice (WS)
Outland (WS)
Patriot Games (WS)
Poltergeist
Red Dawn (WS)
The River Wild (WS)
Robin Hood: Price of Thieves (WS) Includes Bryan Adams Music Video
Robocop 2
The Secret of my Success
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (Pioneer Special Edition) -Side 2 & 3 CAV
Sneakers
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Pioneer Special Edition) -CAV
Sudden Death (WS)
To Live and Die in L.A.
Timecop (WS)
True Romance (WS)
Universal Soldier
Willow
If Looks Could Kill
The War of the Worlds -CAV Includes Stereo Soundtrack & Music & Effects Only Audio Tracks
Mission: Impossible (WS)
Where Eagles Dare (WS)
Ewoks: The Battle For Endor
McHales Navy (WS)
Beauty and the Beast (CAV Work in Progress Edition)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (WS)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (WS)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (WS)
Ruthless People
Stargate (Deluxe Edition WS)
The Poseidon Adventure (WS)
Speed Racer -Great Plan/ Secret Engine
20,000 Leagues under the Sea (WS) -Archive Collection
InnerSpace (WS)
Blue Thunder (WS)
Hot Shots
Hot Shots: Part Deux
The Hard Way (WS)
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (WS) -Restored Version
Across the Tracks
Bird on a Wire (WS)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Coming to America
Darkman
Dragnet (1987)
Falling Down (WS)
F/X
Heart & Souls (WS)
Honey, I Shrunk the KIds
The Last of the Mohicans (WS)
The Long Kiss Goodnight (WS)
Navy Seals
The Princess Bride
Rapid fire
Toy Soldiers
Wayne's World(WS)
Short Circuit
White Squall (WS)
Beverly Hills Cop
Back to the Future 1-3 (WS)
Ghostbusters (WS) -Criterion CAV
Ghostbusters II (WS)
Freejack (WS)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (WS CAV)
Peggy Sue Got Married
Dragonslayer
Star Trek II (WS)

If you want to make me an offer, post how much you're offering and for what or e-mail me.
i offer u .75 each since i have to pay for shipping. let me know .

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
i

i offer u .75 each since i have to pay for shipping. let me know .
First off, Welcome to HTF, Mary! :)

A quick check revealed to me that the above post by Douglas Robert was made in June 2005 (I know that posting dates don't display on a lot of the mobile phones!), so I for one would hope that he's managed a solution for his LD disposal by this stage. In any case, Doug's last post was back in 2007. I hope that all is well with him.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks