What's new

Worst tv shows of all time list! Work-in-progress! Due 2011! (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
People dis Cop Rock, but I think of it as a warm up for Ally Mcbeal. So, there is that.

I'd agree on "Small Wonder"
I actually watched that, when it was "new" and I found it so MST3k level bad that I -had- to watch. It was crazy.. now, as an adult who doesn't drink or do drugs, I find that has to be a show built around entertaining those who drink/do drugs. I bet it's incredible for them.

The list in the first post has basically zero credibility for me. Some of the already mentioned, but these:

41. The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin
42. The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm Show
44. Disney's Doug (The dreaded incarnation born from Nick's popular offspring)
Um, these were aimed at KIDS. And "Doug" on Disney was not a bad show, my kids enjoyed it. I didn't think it was too bad. Hell, I remember stuff I watched as the kids.. I was waiting for you to bash "The Banana Splits" or something.. little kids programming is based on a totally different guideline.

The Jerry Springer show and Jay Leno show aren't even scripted productions per se, so I can't link them into any list I'd make up either.

Oddly, shows I'd put on my "worst " list I'm sure others would have on their "best" and vice versa. It's all up to the viewer.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
As someone who 99% of the time doesn't like reality TV, I thought My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss was a great spoof of the genre in general (and the one before that, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, was good as well).

Of course, the final reveal was pretty dumb, but that's okay.
But of course, I wouldn't expect everyone to have the same worst lists.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
People dis Cop Rock, but I think of it as a warm up for Ally Mcbeal. So, there is that.
Nice try, but no sale. By the same token Windows ME was a warm-up for Windows XP. In both cases they should have kept the warm-up to themselves and not tried selling something to the public until they had a finished product.

Regards,

Joe

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Except I found Cop Rock to be at least interesting and surprisingly well done. It didn't go over, I get that, but I liked the concept and thought it was a decent watch.

Whereas windows ME was just trash :)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
BJ and the Bear.....nothing worse than a trucker and his monkey....

The Magic Hour....Magic Johnson's short lived talk show....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I always like Windows ME. Never had any trouble with it.

I think a list like the one in the OP really needs to try and keep to those titles which are universally considered as "bad TV" and not stray into argumentative areas.

For example, I'd think most people can agree "...Desmond Pfeiffer" was a bad idea with bad execution. But as for something like "The Jay Leno Show" while the idea and timing may have been bad, the execution was basically the same as the top-rated "Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

And "According to Jim" must've had enough fans (and emmy nominations) to keep it on the air for seven seasons.

And I agree that the kids shows are a whole different discussion.

Lists like this are subjective out of necessity...but I'd think the point is to generate them to have as much agreement as possible...unless you are looking to simply generate some fun discussion and heated debate among TV fans.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/298896/worst-tv-shows-of-all-time-list-work-in-progress-due-2011#post_3672414

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

I always like Windows ME. Never had any trouble with it.
Windows ME was the worst of the Windows and it wasn't a good show either. I mean who can forget the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death"?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I dunno. Like I said, I never had a problem with it--for some strange reason. I always had tons of problems with Windows 95 & 98.

We can agree on Stacy London, though, Parker!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thought you were kidding about "Little Mosque on the Prairie" but it's for real.

Thought it was just a joke about "Little House on the Prairie" which I absolutely despise. I was 14 when it first started, hated it then, still do. There is even a "Little House on the Prairie" musical coming to town soon, starring as Ma Kettle, Melissa "I'm pretending to look like a sexy Hollywood babe" Gilbert.

You couldn't pay me to sit through that show.

Did enjoy Perfect Strangers, but it has been a while, may not stand the test of time.

The rest of your list looks pretty accurate. At least what I've seen, some of them must have had pretty short runs.

Particularly the many attempts at reviving the Brady family, all of them were awful. Not until the first Brady movie with Shelley Long, Gary Cole, etc. was there anything decent. Of course that obviously doesn't fit in a TV list.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I really liked Rollergirls. IT wasn't a bad show at all. It was an unscripted reality show about roller derby. More like a 12 hour documentary than a reality show. Wouldn't it be easier to fit The Kardashians in that spot(a scripted horrible mess)?.

My favorite people were Sister Mary Jane(far right bottom) and Punky Bruiser(right above her).
They skate for the Holy Rollers. Pretty fun stuff.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
The problem with picking the worst shows is that not many people actually watch them. I'd probably put "Viva Laughlin" on my list though.

I also vaguely remember watching "Turn On" as a kid and wondering what happened to the rest of the show.

JanuaryMan

Agent
Real Name
Robert
My Big Fat Greek Life
Baby Talk
Step by Step
Nurses
She's the Sheriff
The New Munsters
Gimme a Break
A Different World
Flo

Susan Nunes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Susan Nunes
Although few episodes survive, Queen for a Day belongs on any list of all-time stinkers. Granted, it was daytime television, but it was rotten enough to be included on any list.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hey, I liked Cop Rock. The initial show had Randy Newman writing the songs, and the later shows were decent. Think of it as a precursor to Glee without the glee club.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'm surprised no one mentioned Supertrain. Supposedly the most expensive TV Show ever made at the time of it's production. After premiering, it CRASHED AND BURNED!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Wait, wait wait - stop the presses! I have for you the WORST sitcom in the history of not only television, but in the history of good taste! Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, living next door to their Jewish neigbors in "Heil Honey, I'm Home!"

"Bullshit!" I hear you say. Oh no, my friends - it's VERY much real! Observe:

No, seriously: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heil_Honey_I%27m_Home!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks