What's new

Worst tv shows of all time list! Work-in-progress! Due 2011! (1 Viewer)

cocacoladude78

Auditioning
Real Name
RJ
This is a very early work in progress for the worst tv shows of all time! This list is going to be a part of several major publications, so we are looking for the general public's consensus.

Which tv shows would you add to this list and for what reason?

If there are any tv shows you feel should be removed, what are they? And for what reasons?

This is a work-in-progress compiled of many, many voters over the last several years. The total number of spots is still unknown (may be between 150-300) and due to contractual issues, we cannot supply the names of the investors or companies involved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Work-in-Progress

1. Babes (this show went under fire for the mistreatment of 3 chubby fat chicks!)
2. Life with Lucy (Lucy's kiss of death! She was considered for a role on The Golden Girls prior)
3. The Brady Bunch Variety Hour
4. The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer
5. Homeboys in Outer Space
6. Mighty Morphan Power Rangers (starting with "Turbo." How it's lasted 14 more years is shocking considering it hasn't been a pop-culture phenomenon since MMPR Season 4 - Zeo.)
7. Little Mosque on the Prairie
8. Freddy's Nightmares
9. The Golden Palace
10. Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire
11. Three's A Crowd
12. Girl Talk 80's
13. Steve Wilkos Show (It brings on guests that have serious issues (such as father breaking his baby son's arms because he is upset) or some guy molesting the kids of one of his girlfriends. Steve then tries to incite rage in the mother or person that brought the "wrongdoer" on.)
14. Fat Ass (working pilot that never saw the light of day)
15. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation (Introduced Venis De Milo with tits who many confused as Leonardo with a female voice)
16. The Tyra Banks Show
17. The Chevy Chase Show
18. I Survived a Japanese Game Show
19. Saturday Night Live (The 2000's era)
20. Lopez Tonight
21. The Bradys
22. Family Matters (Was a Miller B. sitcom ever good?)
23. Roller Girls
24. Hello Larry
25. George Lopez
26. My Mother the Car
27. The Sanford Arms
28. Gloria
29. Sanford
30. Archie Bunker's Place (The '79 Thanksgiving special with Mike and Gloria; Edith's Death rival All in the Family in quality! Past that, this show is a lemon...)
31. The Jerry Springer Show
32. Farmer wants a Life (“Bauer sucht Frau” in Germany where it's very famous)
33. Bachelorettes in Alaska?
34. My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss
35. The Three Stooges (The Joe Bessar era)
36. Who Wants to Marry My Dad (Four grown children shopping among 12 ladies in one of the creepiest/sleaziest things to ever hit TV )
37. Dude What Would Happen
38. The Jay Leno Show
39. Saved by the Bell: The New Class
40. Jawsome
41. The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin
42. The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm Show
43. Sonic Underground
44. Disney's Doug (The dreaded incarnation born from Nick's popular offspring)
45. TLC's The Little Couple (Makes the freak-show Little People Big World [19 year old heart throb son Jeremy Roloff making the headlines in Dec. 2008; Father arrested for several DUI's] look like gold)
46. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
47. The Garbage Pail Kids
48. The Munsters Today
49. Dungeon Master
50. Top of the Heap (Awful Married with Children spinoff; let's remember how awful MWC itself was after Season 5 when the audience started dwindling.)
51. Baywatch Nights
52. The New Addams Family
53. Jake and the Fatman
54. Mona (Who's The Boss? matriarch runs her own hotel. Maybe The Golden Palace, an equally awful show, got their idea from this? Likely both were born from Fawlty Towers.)
55. The Tempestt Bledsoe Show
56. Mr. T and Tina
57. Baby Bob
58. She's the Sheriff
59. The Lucy Show (The Gale Gordon Season 4-6 era! When it turned into a slap-stick variety mess and centered on stars of the week. Poor Vivian Vance, the fired kids, and the I Love Lucy writers/creators were long gone by this point. The Lucy Show B/W Season 1 is quite good!)
60. Pink Lady and Jim 60's
61. Cop Rock
62. Still the Beaver
63. The New WKRP in Cincinnati
64. The Swan
65. Cleopatra 2525
66. The Tortellis
67. The Hitchhiker (USA network era! Never a good idea reviving a popular R-rated HBO series as a PG watered down snooze fest.)
68. The Art of Being Nick (Family Ties spinoff)
69. The Brady Brides
70. Empty Nests (Golden Girls attempted spinoff -- Not Empty Nest. Paul Dooley and Rita Moreno star!)
71. According to Jim
72. 704 Hauser
73. Joey
74. Mayberry, RFD
75. The Wilton North Report
76. Kelly's Kids (Failed Brady Bunch spinoff attempt)
77. My Big Fat Jewish Wife
78. Little Clowns of Happytown
77. Big Apple Blues (Failed Facts of Life spin-off attempt! There were 7 spin-off attempts in total from the Facts of Life which are all equally horrible.)
78. Hannah Montana (Disney Channel as a whole! Quality kids (in ways geared towards boys) animation programming in Premium network status pre '96/'97 has shifted into pre-teen girls presciption drug popping madness and slutty attire!)
80. The Rerun Show NBC
81. Barney the Purple Dinosaur
82. Bates Motel
83. The Real Gilligan's Island '04/'05
84. Christina's Court
85. That 80's Show
86. Joanie Loves Chachi

87. The Ropers
88. Perfect Strangers

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
1) Stacey London's Shut Up! It's Stacy London! which served as the pilot episode for Fashionably Late with Stacy London. - I love Stacey London but this show was as exciting as watching paint dry.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
How could anyone place Family Matters and Perfect Strangers on this list. These are two great shows. According to Jim is also another great series which continues to produce new episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
According to Jim is over.

I also like Family Matters and Perfect Strangers. FM got silly with the Urkel stuff, but it had a good cast and was simple, wholesome fun. But, then, I like Full House.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by cocacoladude78

22. Family Matters (Was a Miller B. sitcom ever good?)
Uh, yeah....I'd say Happy Days, Mork and Mindy and Bosom Buddies were pretty damn good shows...as was Perfect Strangers, which was downright hilarious at times and definitely does not belong on this list.

But of course, that's the trouble with these types of lists....

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
60. Pink Lady and Jim 60's
??? Was there a show called Pink Lady or Pink Lady and Jim during the 60s? Because I never heard of it. There was a show called Pink Lady and Jeff, featuring the Japanese singing duo Pink Lady and comedian Jeff Altman. It aired in 1980 for a grand total of five episodes. (Jim Varney, later famous as Ernest P. Worrell, joined the cast starting with the second episode, which may have led to some confusion as to which comedian played second banana to an unknown Japanese musical act.)

14. Fat Ass

How can you list a show that never aired and nobody outside the industry could possibly have seen. By that standard the whole list could be filled up with unsold pilots and unproduced pilot scripts.

BTW, how could the list NOT include Turn-On, the only show in TV history whose parent network decided to cancel it DURING its first broadcast? (Turn-On was a Laugh-In rip-off with a fine cast including Tim Conway, Chuck McCann and Theresa Graves, but some of the worst writing ever paid for by a major network.)

The only bit I remember from it - and yes, I am one of the few who actually watched the one and only episode during its first and only airing - was one about the then-current Paris peace talks, aimed at ending the Vietnam war. Before the talks could even start there were weeks of diplomatic wrangles over every little point of protocol including - believe it or not - the shape of the conference table to be used. Turn-On showed various options they said were being considered - a large rectangular table, a large oval one, four smaller rectangular tables formed into a larger rectangle with an opening in the center, a star-shaped variant and finally what they said was the winning design - a group of rectangular tables formed in the shape of a swastika. This was somebody's idea of big yuks in 1969.

Regards,

Joe

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Teddy Ruxpin was a decent cartoon for it's time. It had story arcs and character development, and wasn't just a glorified toy commercial. It's too bad the live action special wasn't included on the DVD sets.

The problem with some shows on this list is they haven't been seen in decades, so it's hard to condemn them if you didn't actually see them when they aired. Do failed backdoor pilots that aired as tv movies or episodes of other shows even count? And Three Stooges ought to count as theatrical, and not tv.

What the heck is Little Mosque on the Prairie?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Perfect Strangers and the George Lopez show ( not his talk show which I hate) do not belong on that list. Perfect Strangers was such a funny show and still very watchable today. My kids love that show! George Lopez was a hilarious show. I wish they had more shows with Mexican/Cuban families.

I'm just gonna throw out there that Most if not all Reality shows belong on that list. Atleast all the stupid dating shows and spin offs.....

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Those are the first two I saw that didn't belong on this list. Both long running and classics in their own right. Urkel was a television superstar for quite awhile.

Originally Posted by kemcha

How could anyone place Family Matters and Perfect Strangers on this list. These are two great shows.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know...Family Matters and George Lopez were pretty bad shows. I remember liking Perfect Strangers when I was a kid, but I suspect if I saw it now I wouldn't think much of it. I'm probably not good for this thread though since I think 90% of what the networks put out is crap so I think I'll keep my mouth shut from here on out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Parker Clack /forum/thread/298896/worst-tv-shows-of-all-time-list-work-in-progress-due-2011#post_3670321

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I'll grant you that there is an awful fascination to it, but I'd have to put "The Biggest Loser" on my list of the worst. "Fear Factor" is also in the hunt.

Then there's TMV -- or is it TMZ? -- for folks who can't handle the depth of "Entertainment Tonight."

I'd leave off The Jay Leno Show. It wasn't great, or even good, TV, but the worst ever? No.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks