What's new

WORST FILMS OF 2005...anyone? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter

I was pissed off too but mainly because the dude stole my moves.:angry:

My own Worst list is pretty big, but previously mentioned Hitchhiker's... was very dissappointing to me. I guess the humor of the book was too hard for them to translate on film. Not one laugh or smile from me when I saw it.

Bewitched also had zero laughs for me as well.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
For me, "Cursed" was not only the worst film of last year, but quite possibly the worst of the decade. How the same man could have done this and "Red Eye" in the same year is beyond me.

A few more candidates:

The Amityville Horror
The Fog (very close 2nd)
Doom

And while "The Ring 2" wasn't the worst film I've ever seen, it certainly was the most disappointing of last year. I didn't hold any expectations whatsoever for the other films on my list, so I wasn't really surprised when they were terrible.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to chime in on the comments about CRASH.

Although I thought the movie itself was nice... I'm curious in the end about what the actual message was. If it's "We're all a little racist in the end..." or "Things might be getting better..."

To me, it seemed to say "Racists are people too!" and worse, it seems to promote a sense of feeling in people that racism is acceptable because everyone's guilty of it. **At least hearing comments from several of my college friends.**

Again, not my pick for worst of 2005 though... from a film-making standpoint I found it to be well made. Just not sure I buy whatever message it seemed to be selling.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I don't think I've watched enough to have top 10 lists, but of the ones I watched this year:

1. Ring Two - Really loved the first one; hoped for more but got typical, silly attempts at horror. I mean, really, is a herd of deer really that frightening?

2. Ocean's Twelve - realize that this was '04, but I didn't see it, opting for Blade:Trinity at the time (and glad I did). Again, loved the first and this was a complete letdown. Bad acting, Julia looked terrible and the ending was completely implausible.

I don't go to movies if I think I won't like them, and usually can find something to like for the ones I do, but these two I couldn't.

For example, I thought Fantasic Four was ok. Nowhere near the level of Spider-Man or Batman Begins, and perhaps not even Sky High, but it was decent enough to enjoy watching with my 6 year old.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
(My) Worst of 2005

1. Stealth
2. The Pacifier
3. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
4. Are We There Yet?
5. Dirty Love
6. The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D
7. Alone in the Dark
8. The Perfect Man
9. Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
10. Son of the Mask
11. Undiscovered
12. The Fog
13. House of D
14. King’s Ransom
15. The Man
16. Hide and Seek
17. Rebound
18. Man of the House
19. The Honeymooners
20. Cursed

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Swimming Pool came out in 2003! And while I've not seen the movie, any movie that features Ludivine Sagnier naked canNOT be bad!

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Yea, the nudies were nice (except for the old chick lol) but I never understood the ending and left really not caring lol.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Of those I actually saw...

Crash. Just too far up it's own arse. Hits you over the head with it's message with all the panache of a large brick lobbed by Kong. Hated it.

The Cave. Just shit.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Nothing surprising on my list, I'm afraid.

Duece Bigalow: European Gigolo
Stealth
Fantastic Four
Dukes of Hazzard
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks