What's new

Worst DVD covers! (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
We have a winner. I agree. The cover to this is actively awful, as opposed to lazy or incompetent. I don't like the Black Hawk Down SE cover. Josh Hartnett's big noggin' doesn't exactly do the film justice.

Take care,
Chuck

Kain_C

Screenwriter

You don't know that for a fact. You don't know that they "couldn't come up" with something. It probably was intentional, as in THAT is what they came up with. I think it's unique, stylish, and very representative of the different narrative threads within the film. But that's where we disagree and we can leave it at that.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
That Real Genius cover is awful...but I don't know that it is as awful as this:

Oddly enough, Amazon still has the original cover displayed, but I bet that's not what you get when you order it! Luckily I have the original cover. I'd feel even luckier if they'd release all the Laserdisc Signature Series material onto a special edition. I'd hoped they'd do that when Lord of the Rings did so well, but all we got was a new sticker. Yee-haw!
I definitely think The Matrix Revolutions cover was lazy. It would have been cooler to have the cover be the picture on the booklet inside as the cover, the one with all the Smiths or even the picture of Neo running in the rain.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I don't like the DVD cover for Secret Window. Worst example of Big Head Syndrome I've seen yet.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Here a some awful DVD Covers

Secret Window

Underworld Unrated Extended Cut

The Gods Must Be Crazy

The Gods Must Be Crazy 2

The Out Of Towners

Batteries Not Included

-Mike

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Well, obviously they had to use the big noggin cover on Gods Must Be Crazy--otherwise all those N!xau the Bushman fans who shop at WalMart would overlook it!

Apparently the Secret Window is hidden somewhere in Johnny Depp's gigantic eyeglass frames.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The underworld cover isn't bad at all.

The covers for Friday the 13th 5-8...

Critters 3 DVD cover is just horrible...

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Just about every home video cover for the last 15 years or so (laser and VHS included) for a Disney animated feature blows. They're always over-airbrushed and shadow-toned, using off-model designs. The characters on these covers bear little resemblance to the cel art in the movies themselves.

The Star Trek original series DVDs take the cake, though. Some designer apparently was "tired" of the long-established font style of the series and decided to invent a new one, with graphic blandishments to match. Ew.

Naw, wouldn't want to use the offical series logo for an official series DVD release or anything! :)

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen the artwork for the new Spider-Man Animated '67 series?

It's so painful. I can't seem to post a link or image (even though I have over 100 posts). So head to DVD Answers to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks