What's new

World Cup appreciation thread - games are on NOW! (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I hope England does well for no other reason than that if they don't, poor Sven-Göran is gonna get such a beating in the press he'll wish he was back in the days of the Ulrika connection. :D
/Mike

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
I wish the commercial was longer (how often does someone say that?)
They played the full commercial at CMGI before the US Holland game a couple of weeks ago. It must have been over 6 minutes long. It was great!
Damn, it is 6:00pm, I better get to sleep so I can get up at 2:00am! I do hope this is the last WC in Asia for a long long time, I am getting too old for this :D
Andy

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Cameroon and Ireland tie 1-1. I only saw the 2nd half which was quite entertaining, although the TSN crew were saying that the first half wasn't so good.
Should've been 2-2! :)
Denmark and Uruguay on now, still 0-0.

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
I highly enjoyed the Cameroon game. Yet another great clash of styles.
I think Cameroon was the better side but you have to hand it to the Irish, they are missing their best player and yet they hung in there and gave as good as they got.
I did not enjoy the Uruguay - Denmark game all that much as I hate the styles of both sides. AC Milan must be smiling when their newest recruit bags 2 in his first WC game :)
Damn, I can't believe that the US does not play until Wednesday. I am nervous already!
As for picture quality, ESPN and ESPN2 still suck, while Univision was very good again this morning.
It is 6:58am and I just finished watching 2 live soccer games. This is very wierd :)
Andy

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
I enjoyed the Denmark - Uruguay.

Best goal of the tournament thus far was the strike from Dario Rodriguez. That goal from Matt Holland was pretty good also. Most of the goals that Germany had scored were great but the opposition made it looked more impressive than it shouldn't been due to the quality of the defensive team.

It has been an excellent two day so far. Looking forward to the England - Sweden match tonight.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Argentina-Nigeria is going to be good, I love the Nigerian attacking style, it's fairly similar to Senegals, except with a better caliber of soccer.

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator
Do not forget guys that in less than two hours we can watch this:
Argentina vs Nigeria
If they play their best, it could be one of the best games of the tournament.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Well guys, you've talked enough about it; I'm going to try to get into it. I'm just about to watch South Africa vs Paraguay. :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
England SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKED in the second half. The play was scrappy. They didn't move the ball around properly. The strikers weren't getting any support from the midfielders. Very disappointing. Danny Mills: :angry: Things don't look good. We won't make the next round. Big surprise. :rolleyes
The Argentina/Nigeria game was excellent. The movement of the ball had energy, which was sorely lacking from England's preformance. I expect both teams will go far in this tournament.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the England-Sweden game very much. I was expecting England to win 2-1 and hoping for a draw. The second half though was incredible after Sweden scored, it felt really close to a second goal there a few times.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I watched Ireland vs Cameroon on ABC yesterday, and the picture quality was AWFUL. Everuthing was fuzzy and murky. Did anyone else have this problem?
The Sweden-England game on Univision was better quality.
Sweden sucked in the first half, England in the second, so I think 1-1 was fair.:)
/Mike

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Was the South Africa/Paraguay game outcome already decided or somewhat of a laguher? No one seems to be commenting on that particular game for some reason. I watched about half of it and fell asleep.

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator
Argentina/Nigeria was a great game. Argentina clearly deserved the win and has a good chance of winning the cup. My only problem was with the keeper, he did not seem very convincing, even on a day that there were not many real threats. Let's see how he does in more difficult matches.
Nigeria was good but not as great as they used to be a couple of years ago.

Gareth Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
No one seems to be commenting on that particular game for some reason. I watched about half of it and fell asleep.
On the contrary, I found it hugely enjoyable. Roque Santa Cruz will be a big star over the next decade if his performance in this match is anything to go by. Full credit to South Africa for fighting back though, they've given themselves a real chance of getting out of the group if they can go on to beat Slovenia.

As for Argentina, I've got them in the office sweepstake so I'm delighted to see them so strong :)

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
South Africa is like 300-1 to win the cup, I thought they looked bad the whole game and obviously only tied because of a BAD call. Paraguay just got lazy :-/

On another note:

If you are watching on ESPN2/ESPN/ABC, dont. It's a rebroadcast of the Univision Feed and it's not even full bandwidth. The difference between the Univision feed and the ESPN feed is HUGE. The color saturation and detail are VERY VERY noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks