What's new

Working in video stores (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Hi,
Do any of you work in, manage, or own a video store?
Just curious. Maybe we could form some sort of HTF association - share ideas, comments etc.
ps. would you date a customer? lol. bit of a dilemma.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hi Chris. I am an assistant manager for an indie store in Wisconsin. At some point I'd be happy to participate in idea-swapping, but for now my mind is still boggled with the recent tragedies. Sitting at work with the TV on is pretty tough right now. My best wishes and condolences go out to everyone whose lives have been changed. (Sorry for going OT, by the way...) As for the store, it's been around for 15 years, been doing DVD since '97, I've worked here since '98 and increased the DVD selection dramatically, in 1999 a Blockbuster moved in 2 blocks away, but we are still going strong. The store is also a 1 hr. photo lab, and has always been a video store/photo shop since its inception.
-Jason
Oh, and I don't see any harm in dating a customer. Let us know what happens with that.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
thanks for the responses.
I actually own a store, and still developing.
Actually, the dating question is kinda in reverse (for the moment) - am dating someone at the moment who is intending to become a member.
This issue goes way back - would she expect freebies etc - what would happen if things go sour etc?
Store - am very curious as to what sort of average turn per day is typical/adequate as a benchmark. We only carry DVD. I can post my current stats as a comparison.
Attacks - that left me pretty drained. I'm actually sick as result I think. Had the TV on all day as well. Glad to say all my friends in Manhattan have reported being safe.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD
[Edited last by Chris Caine on September 13, 2001 at 09:14 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks