CLICK HERE

Tom Kirk

Agent
Real Name
Tom Kirk
TODAY'S WOOT HP 27" WQHD LED IPS Monitor$349.99 Factory Reconditioned

i want one TODAY'S WOOT WRITE-UP
Merry Christmas to all except me.

As the editor of the entire internet, I don't get any time off for Christmas. While the rest of you kick your feet up and enjoy a hot yuletide beverage, I will be here catching up on the vast quantities of copyediting yet to complete in 2013. Luckily I have my HP 27" LED IPS monitor or I wouldn't stand a chance.

When I took the job as Editor-in-Chief of the Internet in 1991, the workload was fairly light. I'd wake up, check a few Usenet and BBS posts, make myself a cup of coffee and take it easy in the afternoon. But now there are 2.8 billion users posting content in every nook and cranny of the World Wide Web, and I can barely keep track of it all (even on my ample HP monitor).

As someone who takes pride in their work, it drives me crazy how many errors slip through the cracks. Time was you could count the Internet up with the New Yorker for copy-editing and fact-checking excellence, but I'm afraid we've fallen far, far behind. It's a disgrace.

Right now I have about 1.2 million documents open that still need a read-over before going live, which breaks down to about one document per pixel on my HP monitor. It will take me all of Christmas Day just to organize those into a meaningful workflow, so enjoy your time with family and friends. I'll be here alt-tabbing.
continue reading

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
be15a621-240f-4be5-bf5e-eaf7f129e189.jpg
Wake-Up Lights! (Your Choice) $69.99 - $89.99
Being awake stinks. The slumbery dream world? Awesome. You're on a bobsled with Dick Van Dyke, and the bobsled is made of chocolate, and all the snow is actually microscopic puppies, and then OH HEY BUCKAROO! TIME TO BE AWAKE.

CLICK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks