What's new

Woot Daily Deals (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Woot.com sold out of the Refurbished InFocus Screenplay 4800 DLP Projector in about 13 1/2 hours today. The stats:

Today’s item quantity: 600

Last Order time: 01:21:25 PM CDT

Order Pace: 1m 20.00s

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Sweet, I ordered one. If anyone is in Texas just read the bottom of the order form...you can enter coupon code TAXSUCKS and get $5 off your tax. Can't wait to hook this thing up, and as I said to someone on IRC, I can't wait until the day it somehow screws up and drains my car battery while I sleep. :)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping some day Canadians can buy this stuff. I would have gopped all over this.

Brent

I'll wait I guess.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Woot is currently in the midst of a "woot-off" -- basically, a "purple light special", in which items come and go fairly quickly -- as fast as one sells out, it's replaced with something else (not the usual "new item at mignight -- stays all day" routine).
Here's a list of the items which have already come and gone today:
http://forum.woot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
At the moment, it looks like the coffee maker which is up now is close to selling out (progress/inventory bar down to about 1/4), so no telling what might be up next... Keep checking back, and you might run up on some quick bargains!
These events may last for 2 or 3 days, with new items coming and going as fast as folks snap 'em up. (There's a 12-hour max on anything that DOESN'T sell out.) :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've been following the 'woot-off' since midnight and these things have been selling out in under 10 minutes. Some even less. There was only that stupid RC car that stood around for an hour.

Too bad their servers keep going down, they must be getting hammered!

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
The "woot-off" was a bit of fast and furious fun...getting in was sorta like trying to be the "x-th" caller in a radio station contest... Some items came and went before you could even read the item description! And the "Community" section was totally blown out for most of the event.
But, looks like it's over now, so back to business as usual.
Up now:
Rockford Fosgate WiFi Car/Home Audio Bundle - $199.99 + $5 S&H
http://www.woot.com/woot_detail.aspx

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Usual street price on this item (new) is $4700+ (MSRP $6999)
???
Before anyone jumps at this, you may want to consider a few things.
This projector came out in 2002 featuring the then new HD chip from TI. InFocus stopped manufacturing 7200 shortly after CES.
There are still plenty of new models available, but $4,700+ is most certainly not the usual price!
Considering you can buy newer LCD and DLP HD projectors that significantly outperform the 7200 in almost every way (contrast, color accuracy, color wheel, lens shift, fan noise, inputs, etc) for under $3,500 and in some cases for as little as $2,000 anyone trying to sell a 7200 for over $3,000, let alone $4,700 is going to have a hard sell to anyone other than an uninformed consumer.
A quick search on eBay shows new sealed 7200 models with "buy it" now prices below $2,900. Looking at what has been sold, the average price of a new and sealed 7200 was about $2,500. I've seen used 7200 on eBay and on Videogon selling for as little as $1,500.
So while $2,200 might at first look good, it is important to realize this is relatively old technology, and for a refurb unit the price is not that good compared to what new and used 7200 units are selling for.
In addition, current DLP and even LCD projectors significantly outdate this projector. TI has made several modifications and enhancements to their newer DLP chips since they developed the HD2 chip that is used in the 7200.
There are several other models in that price range that would be worth looking into. One than immediately comes to mind is Toshiba's MT700. (here are some of the key features and comparisons to the 7200)
  • The latest HD2+ chip from TI
  • The latest video processor from Faroudja
  • Contrast levels about twice that of the 7200
  • HDMI input
  • Fan noise is several dB levels lower than the 7200
All that and it sells new for about $2,500.
If you are on a tighter budget, or are not a fan of DLP technology, then $2,000 will get you a brand new Panasonic AE700 which not only has specs quite similar to the MT700, but its "screendoor effect" or pixel gap is significantly less do to Panasonic's exclusive "smooth screen" technology.
Personally, I would not buy a 7200 unless it was significantly cheaper than these projectors, as its performance capabilities are noticeably inferior.
I do not mean to rain on anyone's parade, just want to share what I know with fellow HTFers so they wont make uninformed decisions.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Today's Woot:
InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Projector & 76" Screen
$799.99 + $5.00 Shipping and Handling
Projector
Condition: Recertified by InFocus, 90 day warranty
Screen
Condition: New
Model: HW-HTSCREEN76
Screen Size: 76"
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Nylon bearings provide quiet operation
Easy pull-down system locks at intervals to fit a variety of projection formats
Weighs 12 lbs

BrianRS

Stunt Coordinator
What exactly does recertified mean? This seems like a good deal. Do you think the $100 rebate would apply on top of this deal?

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
What exactly does recertified mean? This seems like a good deal. Do you think the $100 rebate would apply on top of this deal?
Refurbished. I don't think the $100 applies, Woot would have mentioned about it. I'm on the fence about this, it's a good price but I really do want HD projector instead.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Today's Woot:

Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD-R/RW/RAM Recorder

$119.99 + $5.00 Shipping and Handling

Features:

Condition: Refurbished by Toshiba

90 Day Warranty from Toshiba

Disc Quantity: 1

Disc Play: DVD-Video/DVD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/VCD/DVD-R/DVD-W/DVD-RAM1

Disc Record: DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW

Time Slip/Pause Live TV

Pause Live TV/Chase Play

Instant Replay/Instant Skip

On-Screen Camcorder Download Controls

Video:

10-bit/54 MHz Video Digtial/Analog Converter

Digital Cinema Progressive

Audio:

LPCM/Dolby Digital (2Ch) Audio Recording

24-Bit/192kHz Audio Digital/Analog Converter

Dolby Digital and DTS Compatible Output

WMA & MP3 Playback1

Input/Output:

S-Video Input – Rear (2)

RCA Video – Rear (2)

Front Panel A/V & IEEE1394DV Inputs

ColorStream Pro Component Video Output Y, Pr, Pb

S-Video Output (1)

RCA Video (1)

L-R Audio Inputs – Rear (1)

Optical Audio Outputs (1)

S-Video Input – Front (1)

RCA Video – Front (1)

L-R Audio Inputs – Front (1) and Rear (2)

RF Output – Rear (1)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
[c]Fosgate Audionics FA61.0 Bookshelf Speakers[/c]
[c]Pamper your ears. Thrill your guests. Annoy your rivals.[/c]
They were $139.99....and they're sold out.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Today's Woot:
Motorola Home Theater System DCP501
Price: $129.99 + $5.00 shipping
Condition: New, Retail
Manufacturer Warranty: Service & Support 1 year
DVD player / AV receiver
Built-in Decoders Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital, DTS decoder
Surround System Class 5.1 channel
100 Watt – at 1 kHz – THD 0.9% – 5 channel(s) ( surround )
Further details at Woot.com:
http://www.woot.com/woot_detail.aspx
Note: A quick check at PriceGrabber.com shows Amazon with the lowest price at $269.94 (including free shipping). Amazon also shows the list price on this unit at $899.99.
Link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks