What's new

Woody Woodpecker Volume 2 - 04/15 (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Very cool! I really enjoyed the first volume so I'll definitely be picking up this one too.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm still working through the first volume, but I've been surprised by how fun and unique the Lantz cartoons are. Woody has this insane edge that not even Daffy Duck had under Bob Clampett's direction.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yes, the early Woody was one of the looniest of all cartoon characters. He does make Daffy Duck seem almost sane by comparison. No one can top Tex Avery's Screwy Squirrel for all-time nuttiest cartoon character, but Early Woody comes close.

Real Name
David
I'll get it, but I can't understand how some major studios expect to market their products without full specs. Most of the time Warner, Fox, Disney and MGM do great jobs of getting out full specs and artwork. However, Universal, Sony, Paramount and all the rest do a pretty lousy job, and most of the time you don't get full specs until just before release or until you buy it.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
I'm glad they're continuing to include the Cartune Classics and Swing Symphonies. I look forward to getting this.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm watching the first set right now as well. Woody isn't as good as I remember him being, and the toons on the whole feel cheap comapred to the Warner Bros and MGMs. but still some good fun. I'll grab this volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks