1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Woodstock: The Lost Performances LD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Larkin, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Is this worth getting? I saw it at a second hand store but it was $25 or something. I don't believe any of the material is on the Director's Cut DVD except a single Janis Joplin track.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Melanie is on it! [​IMG]

It's 68 minutes of Woodstock that you may or may not dig.
    CS&N do Marrakesh Express and Blackbird, Tim Hardin If I Were A Carpenter and Joe Cocker Let's Go Get Stoned.
    There's also Paul Butterfield, Arlo, BS&T, John Sebastian, Sly Stone, Canned Heat, Joan Baez and Richie Havens.
    Oh yeah, Country Joe.

This sorta reminds me that I'm getting old and that the other day I was going through some of my Jerry Lee memorabilia and came across a 1970 issue of Rolling Stone. The Dead were on the cover and as I flipped through it all of the articles and reviews were of people and groups that I knew and cared about.
    Whereas about 1% of a recent Rolling Stone holds any interest for me.

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Screenwriter

I owned this a long time ago but eventually sold it. I recall not being very impressed. Picture quality was quite a bit less good than the movie, and the performances weren't compelling enough to make it a keeper.

4. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Screenwriter

I wish that Warner would let Criterion do a boxset similiar to what they did with Monterey.