What's new

!!! wonka widescreen dvd !!! - NOT A HOAX! ARRIVING 11/13! (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
This is impressive
icon14.gif
however I'm curious to see if they have really gotten the message, i.e. OAR on all movies! Only time will time, unless they release a statement.
But I'm way too happy about this to be a complete hardass, so I'll make an exception to my full-out WB boycott and pre-order Wonka WS to help drive home the error of their ways.
Congratulations to all!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Great News. No buy to must buy that quickly. I guess people are going to miss making comments about Warner on every other post :)
J

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Now I can feel better about purchasing Swordfish and have a glimmer of hope for The Neverending Story. This news is what was needed to put me back into purchase territory for Goonies.
Sperate P&S and OAR releases with the same extras as a policy on titles where they feel there would be a market for the P&S would be perfect, just as they are doing with Wonka. Looking foward to seeing Cats & Dogs.
Warner Brothers, you just took a big step back in the right direction. Keep it up.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
This great news for the entire DVD community!
It definitely seems that Warner got the message, as Cats & Dogs will features both WS and P&S.
As long as they include OAR everyone should be happy, and I guess we all are!
Do not underestimate the power of the HTF! :)
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Personally, I'm still keeping my guard up. They can be figuring, get over these few bumps and we're home free -- I wouldn't put it past them until there is a specific release addressing the entire "family film" library and the OAR issue.
Also:
“WHV is thrilled to be able to offer a fantastic, 30th Anniversary widescreen edition of this treasured classic,” said Ewa Martinoff, WHV Vice President of Family Entertainment Marketing. “Long-time fans of this timeless gem have expressed great interest in a widescreen release, and WHV is excited to bring it to them on November 13.”

I'm sorry, but PR schtick like this never sits well with me even when it is a press release. This Ewa Martinoff, who no doubt had something to do with the original decision, is no doubt absolutely NOT thrilled or excited to be offering this disc because not only does it mean another run of an entirely different disc it also means someone is getting chewed out for the original decision and with very, very good reason. I forget who it was that wanted an apology, but I voice my want for this as well. It had better be buried somewhere in the upcoming chat.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm thrilled and proud. Glad we yelled loud enough for people to hear!
Excellent news. Thanks to WB for doing the right thing. Corporations, like people, make errors in judgment from time to time. It's how you make up for these errors that matters in my book. So thanks for listening Warner, and I think you'll be pleased with the amount of Widescreen versions you sell.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Good job everyone!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Warner, thank you for that first step to make things right......Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time
[Edited last by Wil_J on August 23, 2001 at 05:23 PM]

Tristan H

Auditioning
Just to point out that a large number of other DVD related forums also helped out in this matter, not just the HTF. Anyway, great news. Well done folks. :)

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad that my wife was good enough to let me take a stand in what I believe in and cancel the pre-order for one of her most anticipated titles. (I did get Goonies, on release day however. I will not punish a good title for a bad one, regardless) I'm glad I can now order this in a way that pleases us both. Thank you warner. Now try to let LOtR be released properly.
We know you hear.
How well do you listen?
(Still nervously shifting my eyes around waiting for the next bombshell to drop...)
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ouch, I think I just hurt myself patting...myself...on the back!
biggrin.gif

Now I don't feel like I wasted the $0.34 that the stamp cost me to mail them my letter re: WW&TCF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks