What's new

Wonderfalls comes to DVD on december 7th, 2004! (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I didn't have a problem with 5 episodes on disc 3. I didn't see any compression problems. The big problem was the grain issues that vary from episode to episode.

They didn't mention anything about the music substition, but I think the creators think it is a non-issue since nine episodes never aired in the USA.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It seems like forever since I could find a DVD in a store before the official street date (Not that I really look anymore)... So what a surprise to just be browsing and see that WONDERFALLS was on the shelf at a Retailer Whose Name Shall Not Be Revealed.

And somewhat of an irony that I sit here watching this show today when exactly one year ago, I knew it was doomed. Fox's representatives at the 2004 National Association of Television Production Executives convention weren't even aware WONDERFALLS existed.

In case anyone was hesitating to pick this up, I really think it's worth checking out. I caught all four of the episodes that aired on Fox and it's really a shame they cut their losses before 5 and 6, which really begin to explore what this show is about. We're talking about a show that I already liked and anticipated exceeding my expectations.

I'll leave with a tip for fans of the show... Once you listen to the commentary for the pilot, "Wax Lion," should you wish to search the internet for a "screener" of the episode, you can see the original version, with (in some cases) the original actors... I was pleasantly surprised to discover this was the version I downloaded many moons ago.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was hoping Costco would be carrying it but no such luck. I wound up ordering it through Amazon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I got mine and just finished watching the first episode. It's great to see it again!

Fox made the packaging even thinner by making Disc One and Two in one slim case and Disc Three in a second slim case.

TV Shows On DVD has their review up too.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Just made it through "Wax Lion" twice (second time with the commentary) and a little of the documentary (always save those for after watching the series, but had to take a peek). I am certainly enjoying watching this wonderful series again. One warning for people new to the series: There is one spoiler from "Pink Flamingos" in this commentary track (not huge, but significant). It may be best to listen to these tracks after watching the entire series first. I have to say that the menu screens scream "1998". They are as lifeless and tacky as those seen in many early DVDs. Thank goodness the content is excellent to compensate for that little flaw. Now, on to more episodes!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Another commentary warning:

DO NOT listen to the commentary on "Lovesick Ass" until you see at least through "Safety Canary"...

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I am planning on making an order either today or tomorrow... will difinately be ordering this one. I will also be sure to watch all the episodes before the extras... although I am excited about the commentaries. :)

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I bought Wonderfalls as a blind buy last night. I was very pleased with the show. Its a great story concept, well acted and scripted.

It's gems like this that make this hobby so much fun!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that's every asinine thing that's ever been said about Fox's programming choices in one location.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had the hardest time finding this DVD boxset at the store because the coverart was just an odd choice, even though I understand why it could have been chosen, and my mind just didn't connect the viewfinder coverart with the show itself. I just don't think it's going to jump out to the prospective buyer that knows nothing about the show, either.

But, I'm grateful the DVD boxset is finally out! Must make some time to watch the episodes soon.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I don't understand you. Are you saying you're glad Wonderfalls was cancelled, etc.? The editorial was dead-on accurate.

For me, with the cancellation of Star Trek Enterprise, I've just realized that I've reached a point I'd never have suspected would ever occur:

I'm not watching anything on television, currently.

Interesting times.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Whoops, I had my ignore filter off (using someone else's computer). Didn't notice it was the resident cantankerous muffin chiming in. Disregard my reply to you, sir Jason.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, as you can see, it's too late for that. But, hey, if you haven't gone back to covering your ears and saying you can't hear me, what have I said here that's not true?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks