What's new

Wonder Woman to the small screen? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'd change the pants material to something that doesn't shine at all, more like the Superman suit from Superman Returns.

I'd also desaturate the red on the topside, and use a different material (again, no shiny material need apply), perhaps rubber/leather in look/feel.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know, I really like the bright color scheme, it's a very "Dick Tracy" type look to it, and I like it. I am rooting for this to be good; I liked David E Kelley; I like Wonder Woman, this could be a great alternative take on the concept.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Colors that bright don't work in the real world. She looks like a hooker working the red light district.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I'd change the pants material to something that doesn't shine at all, more like the Superman suit from Superman Returns.

I'd also desaturate the red on the topside, and use a different material (again, no shiny material need apply), perhaps rubber/leather in look/feel.

Good point. Especially about using a material more like the Superman Returns suit.

On a related note, I know fans recently went crazy when they made the change to have Wonder Woman wearing pants in the comic book but that makes sense to me. Pants protect your legs and I think most women don't feel the need for their wombs to be exposed while fighting crime.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In JonZ's post (#5), look at the reddish material used for the top portion of the suit, that's the type of material I was thinking of. Just not this ridiculous spandex with the sheen to it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Colors that bright don't work in the real world. She looks like a hooker working the red light district.

Wonder Woman is obviously not set in the real world. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR

On a related note, I know fans recently went crazy when they made the change to have Wonder Woman wearing pants in the comic book but that makes sense to me. Pants protect your legs and I think most women don't feel the need for their wombs to be exposed while fighting crime.

Plus, boobies on the verge falling out distract your opponents and can give you an edge in hand to hand combat.

So I guess this Palicki chick has implants, huh?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hanson Yoo said:
Plus, boobies on the verge falling out distract your opponents and can give you an edge in hand to hand combat.

So I guess this Palicki chick has implants, huh?

Hmm, hard to tell. Maybe if they were a bit further apart I could say yes for sure.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Maybe in this reimaging, Hippolyta creates Diana out of silicone instead of clay.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This pic shouldnt put any faith in the shows creators.

We've seen some really great manipulations in recent times, and this is what they come up with?

No muscle tone, fake boobs, she seems like a bad choice, and that costume is just a epic fail.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Kelley's just all wrong for WW. Evil pharmaceutical companies and court trials? It could be any one of his other shows.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Kelley's just all wrong for WW. Evil pharmaceutical companies and court trials? It could be any one of his other shows.

*shrug* I don't know, I may be the minority.. I think he's probably as close to perfect as they are going to get. It's been a long time since I think a comic has been adapted to a series that was worth anything. "Smallville" rotates between interesting and just ridiculous garbage. "Lois and Clark" had some fun moments and good seasons, but couldn't sustain. "The Hulk" of decades ago had a fun run, but how similar was it to the comic? Not really much at all.

I'm not very dedicated to the comic; I will openly admit, I never read any comic as a kid, outside of following Sandman in college. To me, some of the best adaptations I've seen have been the animated options. Early 1990s Batman The Animated Series. Fox's Saturday Morning X-Men, etc. God fun, action and a basic storyline.

But if you've seen the recent re-dos of the Justice League (Justice League Unlimited) I tend to like the Wonder Woman as modern business-sheik who fights crime as well.

There aren't a lot of TV shows I can jump into years later and still enjoy watching; most tend to come back and say "blah, wow is this dated and poor dialog". But some, like McBeal/Practice/Buffy/Boston Legal/etc. I could sit down in front of a set and enjoy. For me, If WW the TV series was a bit like a cross between Angel Season 5 and McBeal, it would be pretty close to perfect. Some crimefighting, some boardroom broo-ha-has, crooning at the local bar.. I'd be in. I tend to like a very humanized superhero. Then again, to me probably the best concept superhero show I've seen in years didn't survive but nailed the concept (ITV's No Heroics) or just weren't quite what the public was after but was perfect (The Tick, though I prefer the animated version)

The networks aren't equipped for a real action oriented show that is buyable in this universe (see the disaster that was "Bionic Woman" etc.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Evil pharmaceutical companies and court trials? It could be any one of his other shows.

Yep. From what I heard of the pilot script*, it sounds like it's Ally McBeal As Wonder Woman. That idea seems silly enough to be enjoyable to me but I think anyone who wants to see the Wonder Woman comic book onscreen or anyone who wants to see an action show probably shouldn't watch it because it seems like it will most definitely not be either of those things.

* Keep in mind that what I heard could be totally wrong or be from an old draft of the script or just have been presented in a biased way by someone who didn't like what he read.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The biggest problem with the costume is that the parts that should be metal -- the bullet-proof bracelets, the headband, the eagle breastplate -- are obviously cheap plastic. That's what makes it so Halloween costume looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks