What's new

WMP 12.... help? (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
ugh. Got a new notebook a couple of weeks ago and discovered the wonderful world of Windows Media Player 12. worst. software. ever. Here's what I did: I dumped about 50 tracks onto my notebook from my .mp3 player and used WMP to listen to them while getting caught up on some work over the weekend. I actually deleted those files from "My Music" and they're gone. Dumped them after I was done listening to them. Opened up WMP this evening and see the same files still sitting there. Only... WMP doesn't allow me to get rid of them. I cannot delete them in WMP. It looks like they're there in WMP, but they really aren't. So if you go to play a file in WMP, it's obviously gone. So, WMP says: "Several files are missing... do you want me to remove the files from this location?" So, I click on OK and it says blah blah blah file is missing and I cannot do squat. I turned off WMP by removing it as a Windows component in Control Panel then rebooted and turned it back on... thinking that would do the trick. No such luck. anyone [un]lucky enough to have Windows7 with WMP12 who knows what I'm talking about? It's not a huge ordeal, but if I'm stuck with WMP12, I don't wanna sit here and stare at 50 files I know aren't there. Hey, it's the principle of the matter! :D

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My advice? Dump WMP completely. I use Itunes as my main mp3 player on my laptop and media server and use Quicktime for video. What QT can't handle, Winamp can. I would also recommend Realplayer over WMP.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Hi Scott, Follow these instructions to manually delete the library data and start over with a clean install: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-sound/cannot-delete-library-in-windows-media-player-12/67a971f8-5660-4408-9a9b-387ddcbc2269

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks