What's new

Withdrawal Symptoms: Have You Suffered? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
I watch one hour of older TV shows on dvd each night. I own a number of them and I never watch more then one disc during a two week time frame. That's because I mix them up. I rotate my (stock of shows) and its usually months before I finish a yearly set. I can make one complete season, while mixing it with another show, last six months or more. It also keeps me from getting burnout on my favorite shows. Since some of my shows only come out about once a year. this stretching works out well for me.

Rodrick

Second Unit
No, Only real series I completed was Son of the Beach, once I finished it, I wish there was a 3rd season.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al

I haven't watched Dollhouse yet. (I don't watch much TV, I almost always wait until a show comes out on DVD.) But my daughter seems to like it. Are you saying it's not long looking good due to quality or ratings?

Brian D H

Second Unit

I love it. It kind of feels like the last season of Angel where they worked at Wolfram & Hart. It took a few episodes to get into because the show purposely obscures who the good-guys are (or even if there are any). By now I know which characters I really like, but I still don't know if they're on the "right" side. The other problem was the premise - with Echo being wiped every episode it was hard to get to like her; but that was only at the beginning. At this point it has become clear that there are some parts of everyone's personality (call it a soul, call it an innate core, call it Dushka's limited range ;)) that are constant and separate from memory, and regardless of who Echo becomes every week she is still herself.

I rambled there a bit. Let me summarize. Dollhouse is a great show hampered by the FOX network. They forced Whedon to re-shoot his pilot, and show episodes out of order (though he re-shot them to make the new order work). It's a difficult show to get into, but it would have been a lot easier if Whedon had been allowed to show them the way he wanted. I remember watching the 3rd or 4th episode and realizing that this was what should have been the premiere. On top of all this, Terminator has not been a great lead-in since it's own ratings are falling. In short, I fully expect this show to go the way of Firefly since FOX seems to be treating it the same way. Maybe it will go 2 seasons, but I'd be surprised if it lasts longer.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In all fairness, since Fox left them alone, Dollhouse has been better but there's still been episodes that are as weak as anything when Fox was fiddling with the show. I know everyone wants to blame the network but I haven't seen anything that makes me think that Fox somehow derailed a TV masterpiece.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I suffer from "withdrawals" a lot, especially on series that I love a lot, I usually watch one season set or Vol. straight through in daily marathons before moving onto the next series. I can get through a 7 disc set in 5 days or less, depending on the show

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I've been itching to tear through ANGEL again, which I'll do once I've finished converting season 1 for viewing beyond the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks