What's new

With "The Simpsons" movie now in production.... (1 Viewer)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I love Season Eight! After reading your review Pavan, I've realised some of my favourite episodes are in there! Brother From Another Series is a definite highlight, and Homer's Phobia both spring to mind quickly. Treehouse of Horror is also an all-time great and Grade School Confidential is pretty funny and romantic at the same time. You Only Move Twice is a great villain spoof, and Homer's Enemy is classic Homer. I can really relate to Grimey.
I hope that the movie redeems itself. I can't take much more crap Simpsons. I watched The Wettest Stories Ever Told the other day, and I have to say that it was possibly the worst episode that I've ever seen. I just pray that the movie is above average, even if it isn't great, because it just has to be better than what's on now.
-James

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
"Secondly, how hard is it for them to figure out a way to turn on the subtitles??? "

From an episode menu, choose select language, then choose which audio you want, then the menu flips and you select what subtitles you want. At least, that's the way the past few seasons have worked. Definitely not as easy as it should be.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Wow! Some of my all time favorite episodes in this set. There are quotes here my friends and i have been using since they aired ten years ago.

This is truly the last great season but I'll probably keep buying the sets. If I bought X Files Season 9 (which I REFUSED to watch when it aired) I will probably cave on the Scully years of Simpsons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's an easter egg ondisc one on You Only Move Twice's submenu, press left from 'Play Episode' and it'll highlight the film projector. It plays two quick deleted scenes (not found with the other deleted scenes) involving Grandpa.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Easter eggs on disc 2:eek:n the menu for The Twisted World Of Marge Simpson and Mountain Of Madness, press left from 'Play Episode' and it highlights the projector and you get more quick deleted scenes.

EDIT: Although people seem more interested about complaining about French words on the box instead of what's actually in the box, there's an egg on disc three.On the menu for The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show. The same as before, you press left from 'Play Episode' and highlight the film projector and you get another deleted scene from that episode.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Thanks, Travis!

I wish the Simpsons had all their deleted scenes together on one disc. Sometimes I miss that scissor icon while I'm paying attention to the episode.

Fox had the branching deleted scenes with the X Files sets but also included the deleted scenes on the extras disc.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about season 8 but seasons 5-7 had deleted scenes reels on the last disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks