What's new

Wiseguy - has it been abandoned? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the set mainly for the unaired season 4 episodes and I just watched a couple of shows. They appear to be badly cut, with the first season 4 show, originally a 2-hour on the network, coming in at 44 minutes each. The episodes around then came in around 48 minutes or so which means that there's at least 7-8 minutes missing. Are these all syndicated prints?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

I picked up the set mainly for the unaired season 4 episodes and I just watched a couple of shows. They appear to be badly cut, with the first season 4 show, originally a 2-hour on the network, coming in at 44 minutes each. The episodes around then came in around 48 minutes or so which means that there's at least 7-8 minutes missing. Are these all syndicated prints?

There's definitely some cuts in the re-edited 2-hour season 4 opener, as I have the original 2-hour version taped from CBS and it ran about 1:35 or so. However, episodes from other seasons (especially the first) appear unmolested with the longer 48 minute run times.
On a side note, Season 4 also appears to be edited on video, just like other shows from that era that were shot on film--hence the crappier quality of the picture compared to earlier seasons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff*H

There's definitely some cuts in the re-edited 2-hour season 4 opener, as I have the original 2-hour version taped from CBS and it ran about 1:35 or so. However, episodes from other seasons (especially the first) appear unmolested with the longer 48 minute run times.
On a side note, Season 4 also appears to be edited on video, just like other shows from that era that were shot on film--hence the crappier quality of the picture compared to earlier seasons.

Are all of the season 4 episodes edited or just the 2-hour premier. Also, any idea what they didn't include the Wiseguy movie from 1996 in the set?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Are all of the season 4 episodes edited or just the 2-hour premier. Also, any idea what they didn't include the Wiseguy movie from 1996 in the set?

I haven't watched all of them from season 4, but the ones I have watched appear to be syndicated prints, unlike the other seasons.

Not sure why they didn't include the 1996 movie (which conveniently 'ignored' the events of season 4). It was produced by Cannell just as the series was, although it ran on ABC instead of CBS. Maybe they're holding that one back for another cash grab down the road. (I made a DVD-R of the movie from my VHS recording, and added it to the Mill Creek set).

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Originally Posted by Ric Easton

Is the music still missing from the end of the Sonny Steelgrave storyline?

Yes, the Moody Blues song is still missing (Nights in White Satin), although the other song is still there in the finale. They did add a song back in to the Season 1-4 set in the 1st episode of the Mel Profitt arc, when the helicopter lands on the yacht. That song had been replaced on the earlier Season 1 set. Strange. I guess they cleared it after the fact in time for the big DVD set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks