What's new

Wiring Help..... (1 Viewer)

rwuest

Grip
Real Name
Robert Wuest
I'd be curious to know what a more recent Sanyo does. My 42" Sanyo switches audio correctly. nolesrule: As I said above, I have a programmable remote and have macros to do the switch. It's a Chameleon. But if you have the TV remote in hand, you can't do the complete switch. I know this sounds lazy and sad, but you have to find the other remote or walk across the room to switch the audio using the front panel of the receiver. Maybe I'm just lazy and sad :)

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why can't the Chameleon switch the TV??? If there is something it will not do, you can either teach it or call support. They will send a 'tone' over the phone or via e-mail to add functionality. I still have a Chameleon in a box downstairs. I stopped using it a few years ago and replaced it with a Harmony. I got tired of feeding it batteries. Every little bump would make the screen turn on.

rwuest

Grip
Real Name
Robert Wuest
I use rechargeable batteries in just about everything, including the Chameleon - 3 or 4 recharge cycles and the batteries are paid for. You're right about it going through batteries. A charged set of 1000mAH NiMHs lasts about a month. I disable the auto turn on feature. This is kind of unique (but doesn't solve the problem, you'll see why): I have a little box I designed and built that will receive a remote code from any remote and send out any IR code sequence or PS3 button presses I want it to. It's sort of a mega-programmable remote translator, based on a PIC18F46J50 microcontroller. It'd do the job extremely nicely if there was any code from the Panasonic remote that wasn't used by the TV itself (it isn't programmable in it's run state, I have to do the programming in C and reflash the entire unit with a PicKit, but I do that all the time - not a big deal). It also has 2 buttons on it. one sends 12 volume downs and the other does 12 volume ups for loud commercials (been thinking about how to add a microphone and some DSP software to it to do it automatically, but again, I digress). As far as I know, it's a one of a kind unit I designed because I wanted it (and I have the know-how); I've never seen anything like it on the market and it'd probably be too expensive to try and market myself, if anyone else even wanted one, I doubt it would be a success. I've designed a dozen or so IR remotes and gadgets that are IR remote controllable for various clients in my career. I took an old PS3 controller with worn out joysticks (they don't return-to-center any more) and interfaced to that, but that doesn't really seem to be very useful in the end - too much PS3 state info required - about all I have ever made it do is powerup, logon as me and start Netflix. Not real useful. I do a lot of stuff with PICs. I said the Chameleon can do the switch with macros and I have it programmed to do so. Macro 1 is TV tuner and macro 2 is PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks