1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless Video Transfer (PC-to-TV)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Corey Albers, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Corey Albers

Corey Albers Active Member

I'm looking to transfer video wirelessly from my PC to my Television ... Are there any wireless video products that can do this?

I don't think 802.11b etc. will work, since I won't have another PC near the TV to receive and process the data. Essentially, it would output composite video from the PC's video card, and then wirelessly transfer to a receiver that can input directly into the composite inputs on the TV.

Any suggestions? This is to watch MLB.TV games on my TV...

Thanks.

2. Gary_E

Gary_E Well-Known Member

Corey,

I use this product from Radio Shack to send audio/video throughout my house to TVs in other rooms. I bought it when it was on sale for $69.00.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D2572

I bought some high quality, long length cables from here:
    http://store.yahoo.com/videoware/index.html
    to hook up between the PC and the sending unit. You may also need a S-Video to Composite converter if your PC card has an S-Video out.

The system works best when sender unit is mounted as high as possible off the floor. It is not a perfect solution and can be susceptible to interference. You need to experiment with different locations to get it to perform at it's best. I have multiple senders from different PCs to multiple receivers at different TVs.

Regards,
    -Gary

3. Corey Albers

Corey Albers Active Member

thanks Gary... This seems like a good solution.

I did just find out that MLB.TV games are blacked-out in each team's home market, so there goes my main reason for using needing such a unit -- to watch Angels' away games which are hardly ever televised...