1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless surround speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by txakura, Jul 21, 2013.

1. txakura

txakura New Member

When I (finally) had all the pieces of my home theater, and set it up, I was in the middle of a remodel. I had open walls, and put in all the cabling (16-gauge zip cord) I needed, and right to the places I wanted the speakers (5.1 back then). I'm about to relocate, and I don't have the luxury of open walls this time. Way, way back I was a telephone company installer, and back then, we were expected to crawl under houses where possible to make "invisible" installations - not true at all now. I'm afraid I'm just not willing to go to those extremes for my speakers, and I keep hoping there is now a way to take advantage of wireless technology to set up four speakers (in a 7.1 array) without having to cable at all.

Does anyone know of anything close?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Aperion Intimus 4t

txakura likes this.
  3. txakura

txakura New Member

The reference was right on. I've decided to go with the Aperion Allaire Zonas (in a 5.1 configuration because you can't use multiple sets of Zonas at anything more than "enhanced 5.1"). But that solves the problem quite nicely, and I figure sooner or later there will be the possibility of another set of Zonas that will work in a 7.1.

Thanks for the reference. I figured it would be simple to ask for "wireless surround speakers" on Google and find what I was looking for, but I never found the Aperions.