1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless PC to TV Question. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by powder21, Feb 27, 2008.

1. powder21

powder21 Member

I was about to buy one of the Logitech Music Anywhere devices to connect my PC to my stereo so I can get rid of the cord(s) currently handling that task when I realized that I would also like to get rid of the s-video cord connecting my PC to my TV.

I was wondering what would be the easiest and cheapest way to do this. I was thinking of just going with D-Links MediaLounge instead of the Music Anywhere so I can do both, but unfortunately, I'm unsure as to how this thing works.

To be clear, I am not at all concerned with music, it's all about movies and tv-rips. The Music Anywhere system's USB transmitter just happens to simulate a sound separate card (when selected) so that all audio output goes to the receiver no matter what software or formats I'm using. This is exactly what I would like to accomplish with the video. I'm also not using an HDTV (old tv with S-Video only) and will not be streaming any HighRes videos so high end picture quality is not an issue.

I am open to ANY suggestions and advice on what to do, so long as the price tag is under 150 bucks
    (I am on a wireless network so 802.11 capability isn't a problem)

Thanks.

-Ryan

P.S. This stuff is all in the same room so range isn't a problem