1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless Home Theater Systems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dave Capp, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Dave Capp

Dave Capp New Member

I was looking into the Sony DAV-FX100W. Any positives/negatives of the system?

Any thoughts on an affordable (under $1000) system to purchase?

2. Yong Chan

Yong Chan Well-Known Member

I don't have any personal experience with this system, but I can't imagine that this sounds that good. I do have experience with Sony wireless headphones. They are ok for everday TV...but the sound quality sucks, lots of interference. I think you would be much happier with even a 3.1 system where you could easily hide the wires. Like I said, I don't have any experience with the Sony......Still, get real speakers...Cheaper too...

Good Luck,

YC

3. Ron Schildt

Ron Schildt Active Member

I agree with Yong, go for the wired speakers for front, center, and sub as a first choice. I went a step further when I moved from a house to an apartment recently, and had to find a wireless solution for my rears. I ended up with a Kenwood RFU-6100 which allows me to connect my surrounds wirlessly to the receiver. However that will set you back ~$175. But it's worked pretty well for me.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt Well-Known Member

Wayne