What's new

Wireless Headphones won't work with home theater (1 Viewer)

babydoc123

Auditioning
Real Name
Stacey
Hi everyone,
Iecently bought a pair of wireless headphones to use with my home theater system but I am having a problem getting them to work with my Blu Ray player. My components are as follows:
Home Theater: Panasonic SC-BTT350 (receiver is in blu ray player)
TV: Toshiba 55HT1U
Cable Box: Motorola 7232-P2 (Verizon DVR set top box)
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 120
When I plug the headphones into the cable box and mute the TV I get great sound. However, when I try to use the headphones with my DVR player I can't get any sound at all. I have tried plugging the headphones into the TV directly or into the DVR via the Auxiliary jacks but nothing works. Any suggestions? I have read things about using headphone amplifiers and/or connecting a DAC between the cable box and the DVR but I'm not sure which way to go.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If that Panny can't send the audio to the TV, you are out of luck with any headphones.
There should be a setting to send the audio to the TV.
With the TV you'll need...
Optical to analog adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Toslink-Analog-Converter/dp/B004C4WPXA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1347063137&sr=1-1&keywords=optical+analog+converter)

babydoc123

Auditioning
Real Name
Stacey
Ok that's great - but how should I connect the converter? And where should I connect the headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks