What's new

Wireless HDMI through stereo hdmi reciever (1 Viewer)

Ruthless180

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Ok, I need someone to confirm that this makes sense...
Having a Yamaha stereo HDMI reciever in a closet with a Xbox, cable box, and PC as inputs. Then a wireless HDMI transmitter plugged into the HDMI out of the reciever. And the TV mounted on the wall in the same room with the HDMI reciever plugged in. And controlling all of this with the Logitech harmony RF remote.
Does this seem like a good idea?
Are there any problems with video loss or distorted audio/video transmission when going through the reciever and the wireless transmitter. ( I know that some wireless transmitters need a direct line of sight witch I would account for.)
Thanks guys

Ruthless180

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I know that the signal flow is correct I just wanted some opinions/tips before I dump some money into this project

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Uhm, wireless sucks...
Everybody I know that has tried this said the lag makes it unwatchable. And to boot, you want gaming.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My experience with these comes from trying to set them up in a showroom. Home environment is a different animal.
The one I set up(not going to reveal which, cause it was when I sold this stuff wholesale) would work if you sent the audio and video.
Problem is, he's sending just the video. If these have been improved enough for his situation...great. The person who tested these things was focusing on sending audio with video. Sending the video only causes(or at least it did) syncing problems on the other end. As it is always looking for audio.

Ruthless180

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I'm only sending video so do you think using a component video transmitter/reciever would work better?
My main concern is the syncing of video and audio

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
On "that one", no...
But we use a Netgear WNDR4500 that has a NAS(audio/pictures/video...but no "movie"). The HD Flow is a variation of that. Works great. Every single Ipad(there is a 1 and 2), Ipod(two of those as well), phone(Blackberry/two droids and a Nokia) and computers have access to everything on the NAS. The Directv receivers are on the same 4500, so we can "sling"(reference to the old SlingBox) whatever we want off any of the Directv DVR(there are three) in the house(negating the need for us to get Directv "whole home").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks